Windseeker Operations

skaterboy22101

Guest PizzaBaby027

I have worked with the park, I know alot of the precautions and rules!!!

Blue Icecream.... ?

Yes?!?!?!?! And funnel Cake and Pizza, and well many many many stands in the park I have worked in!! Except Juke box diner, which I always wish they would ask me to help them....anyway yes Blue ice cream!

Well from reading the posts on here I feel a little hurt, ha. No, actually I worked at the park in 2009 and part of 2010, I was searching for another job in mid summer, once I got one I left KI. I am now working in the security dept. at the Beach Water park. I have no grudge against the park, except the fact that they really don't care about the employee's which is weird because they should care about them more than the guests, why? Employee's are the backbone of the park!!! I have read the park guidebook and know it very well. Still have it at the home actually. I have read bits and pieces of the ride manual along with the merchandise manual. You all are very cruel on here, and believe me or not I know a lot about the park and know a lot of people in the park!! Also I can assure you that park officials are indeed reading this. I was one confronted about the site at work, the Food & Beverage area manager told me about how he loved reading posts on the site and how it cracked him up, I am sorry to say this but many folks in management laugh at us folks who post on this site.

Guest PizzaBaby027

I am sure I did!!! His point being that only because you work in a certain department means that you can only know that department!! I don't think that it is a good point, if that was even it, I feel its good to know more than just the area in which you are working!

Guest rcfreak339

I have worked with the park, I know alot of the precautions and rules!!!

Blue Icecream.... ?

Yes?!?!?!?! And funnel Cake and Pizza, and well many many many stands in the park I have worked in!! Except Juke box diner, which I always wish they would ask me to help them....anyway yes Blue ice cream!

Well from reading the posts on here I feel a little hurt, ha. No, actually I worked at the park in 2009 and part of 2010, I was searching for another job in mid summer, once I got one I left KI. I am now working in the security dept. at the Beach Water park. I have no grudge against the park, except the fact that they really don't care about the employee's which is weird because they should care about them more than the guests, why? Employee's are the backbone of the park!!! I have read the park guidebook and know it very well. Still have it at the home actually. I have read bits and pieces of the ride manual along with the merchandise manual. You all are very cruel on here, and believe me or not I know a lot about the park and know a lot of people in the park!! Also I can assure you that park officials are indeed reading this. I was one confronted about the site at work, the Food & Beverage area manager told me about how he loved reading posts on the site and how it cracked him up, I am sorry to say this but many folks in management laugh at us folks who post on this site.

We aren't cruel. Just stating that theres a huge difference between food workers and ride associates. You were just as important as ride ops, it's just that operators receive special training on their specific ride and must attend ride classes. You didn't, so you really don't have a clue.

Guest PizzaBaby027

No, actually I do know more than the general public. It is so funny to me how every teenage feels he/she knows more than anyone in the world.

Hate to add fuel here but saying something is "plausible" doesn't mean likely. It is indeed "plausible" for there to be a ride op at the top (if an area is designed for such op) doesn't mean there will be one. Ever watch Mythbusters sometimes a myth is proven "plausible" not confirmed or denied. This whole thread got out of hand because many seem to forget what the term really means. Many valid points from many here but most don't take away from it being "plausible" and until we see the finished product we don't really know enough to say there is 0 chance at this point unless your someone that has inside information. Sure somebody knows for sure but doubt it's many that have spoken against it.

That said I don't think there will be a constant op at the top but I'd move up from TN to work that position if there was.

I would like to point out that when you use unnecessary punctuation when you are trying to make a point makes you a target for anger and hostility, especially when those unnecessary punctuation marks make it look like you are yelling instead of conversing.

As for the original point, you are correct to a point. When I was working in rides in the early '00's you had to be 18 in order to run the elevator, however you could be under 18 to watch the platform and watch the queue.

Wow. This thread has become a dic..... well, never mind. Let's just say it's a "flag waving contest."

All these people in this thread claiming they know more about this and that than this person.

Everyone get over themselves. There's people who haven't posted that do know what they're talking about and I can assure you that most people in this thread are wrong. There's also people who have posted in this thread that have subtly made valid points and pointed out excellent information.

You all keep ignoring it to try and show off to each other. Get a grip.

Wow. This thread has become a dic..... well, never mind. Let's just say it's a "flag waving contest."

All these people in this thread claiming they know more about this and that than this person.

Everyone get over themselves. There's people who haven't posted that do know what they're talking about and I can assure you that most people in this thread are wrong. There's also people who have posted in this thread that have subtly made valid points and pointed out excellent information.

You all keep ignoring it to try and show off to each other. Get a grip.

Amen! Amen! Amen!

I totally agree. Why must we always be fickle with each other? The people on here who truly come here to get information, to have conversations about how much fun they have, to discuss news, etc. do not care who is right, who is more valid than the other. Just state your opinions and move on....don't question other opinions, they have a right for their opinion. If you do decide to question an opinion, support your reasoning with legit information, not just I know more than the GP, I know more than you, etc. Get over it!

Back on topic, working at the park in rides, anytime there is a maintenance issue, the ride goes out of operation until the problem is fixed and the ride is operated. I am assuming that maintenance would go up WindSeeker just like they do for Drop Tower to check on the systems, etc. I'm also assuming that unless it is absolutely necessary the ride operators will not shut down the ride unless there is an issue.

I thought I read somewhere that WindSeeker was going to be completed today...but I haven't seen any press info from the park and the topper is still on the ground.

I am not familiar with Drop Tower's mechanics...I've only rode it! Haha. I remember someone somewhere saying there was an elevator. Whether or not there was truth to that statement, I'm not sure. I wouldn't think there would be. If you think of all the mechanics on the inside, cables, electric, hydraulic lines, etc, don't really see much room for an elevator. I'm assuming that the inside is crafted much like WindSeeker with ladder rungs on one side. Your guess is as good as mine!

I'm not trying to contradict anyone, but I don't really think that DT has an INTERNAL elevator. My reasoning is that unlike WindSeeker, Drop Tower does not appear to have a platform at the top around its "checkered box", whereas WindSeeker has a platform that looks similar to a circular enclosed porch/patio for its topper. Also, notice how on Drop Tower, there is a platform with stairs on the actual catch car mechanism. Perhaps the catch car is also an external elevator, and once it gets to the top, maybe there is a ladder of some sort that allows access to the "box".

Just speculating...

Also, I've always wondered, does anyone here on KIC know(and yes Terp, I know that SOMEONE knows) B) if DT's motors reside in the "box", or if they are down below with some sort of pulley system that runs through the tower?

well, since sob_tom used to work in maintenance at Kings Island, i'm going to believe what he says. :)

Ok, thanks for the verification. I didn't know that SOB_TOM had at one point worked for maintenance at the park, you learn something new every day!

So.......my question is, is the catch car on DT also used as an elevator as well as the internal elevator? Although I am completely terrified of drop rides such as DT, I am fascinated by their engineering. The same can be said for WindSeeker.