Windseeker Operations

skaterboy22101

I think there is going to be an elevator in WindSeeker. Have you guys seen that red thing on the web cam? It looks like some kind of car-type thing.

It looks like they are building the maintenance observation area right now (in the grey with hand rails) and am guessing the "red thing" is going to be the topper for the ride. I think it will attach to the top of the grey observation piece they are building.

I am also guessing that if there is an elevator, it would have already been placed inside the first piece of the tower when put in place. Just my guess though!

I think there is going to be an elevator in WindSeeker. Have you guys seen that red thing on the web cam? It looks like some kind of car-type thing.

From the looks of that, I'm not sure how that could function as en elevator. And as others have said, it looks like the thing that is supposed to be on top.

Outside of the whole elevator and op at the top debate, I don't think they would do this but if they pulsed the speed of rotation I could see that adding a lot of thrill. Everytime the speed would lower so would the seats.

I feel like that would put a LOT of wear and tare on the ride....maybe not?

there is no need for an elevator on WindSeeker, all the mechanics of the ride will be able to be checked from the ground, the seats, the cables to lift car, etc...

this whole comparison between drop and WindSeeker is getting a little out of control, they are two completely different rides that just so happen to have height in common. Just because Flight Deck and Invertigo are suspended coasters doesn't mean they are going to operator the same...(yes i am aware Invertigo is inverted and FD is not).

DT's catch car is used as an elevator to check the exterior portions of the tower. The other reason that the ladder and such exist is in case the catch car will not release the ring and cannot be lowered, in which case the ladder would be utilized to get people from the ring to the catch car and then to the motor room on top of the tower and down the maintenance elevator at the bottom.

Yes, WindSeeker will have an elevator in the middle of the ride so that maintenance can check the motors which will be housed at the top. The evidence is simple: A pulley system, with the motors located on ground level, would be unreliable, since cables have a tendency to jump a pulley anyway, and even if they went with this system, the pulleys would have to be inspected daily to make sure the cables do not break.

You would be surprised how many rides do function the same (even if they look different.) Most cable towers will function the same way, so the comparisons between DT and WindSeeker are accurate.

The way SOB TOM explained the worse case scenario I really wanna be on DT if it didn't drop, nor be released, and then have to go up the catch car and down the elevator...I think that would be fun!

Side note, I am not just saying this cause you confirmed it but I was going to say maybe the thingy that takes DT's "car" up to the top is what they ride up and down on (is that the catch card). Then I thought that it would be to risky to ride up and down on that thing....

Guest PizzaBaby027

I hope the map is released, though I am torn between keeping our style and getting CF type style. I mean having our type would keep us original and different but change is nice lol

...The other reason that the ladder and such exist is in case the catch car will not release the ring and cannot be lowered, in which case the ladder would be utilized to get people from the ring to the catch car and then to the motor room on top of the tower and down the maintenance elevator at the bottom....

Uh no. The ladder is there simply for maintenance to access the catch car. Nothing more.

• Like 1