Nearby housing options?

Islander

Hi everyone! I recently got a job at Kings Island for the summer. But, I live far away so I'm looking for a place to stay during the months I will be working there (May - August). I was wondering if any locals can recommend me places that offer month to month leasing (or anything similar to that)? My main priority in looking for an apartment is safety. I'm going to be working a second shift, which means I'm going to get off work at night so I want to live in a safe area. Wouldn't want to get mugged or anything :wacko: If you've got any suggestions, please let me know!

Has anyone here been in my position before (from out of town and worked at KI)? What was it like, was it worth it??:D

I'm from Indianapolis and this season will be my 3rd in the park. Last year I lived in the Highland's Apartments. Its about a 15 minute drive down Tylersville if you know where that is. I never had any problems with it. It was clean, safe, and offered month to month leases. I won't be living there again only because I'm living with other friends this year. I would recommend it. You do need at least one roommate though. It was one of the cheapest we could find in the area and it was still around $610 a month. Definitely not affordable alone off a Kings Island pay check.

I don't know of many other people that live more than an hour away. Whenever people hear that I'm from Indy they freak out. :lol: I guess that means we can assume that most are local.

I'm from Indianapolis and this season will be my 3rd in the park. Last year I lived in the Highland's Apartments. Its about a 15 minute drive down Tylersville if you know where that is. I never had any problems with it. It was clean, safe, and offered month to month leases. I won't be living there again only because I'm living with other friends this year. I would recommend it. You do need at least one roommate though. It was one of the cheapest we could find in the area and it was still around $610 a month. Definitely not affordable alone off a Kings Island pay check.

I don't know of many other people that live more than an hour away. Whenever people hear that I'm from Indy they freak out. :lol: I guess that means we can assume that most are local.

Ohh yeah I probably won't be able to afford that. How did you find your roommates?

I lived there for a while. Those are really nice apartments. There's also a couple cheap, and safe apartments in the Mason area.

Do you have the name of the apartments so I can check them out?

My roommates were friends that came with me from Indy. Just a curious question, where are you working in the park this year?

Do you have the website or phone number to the Highlands Apartments? I thought I might as well check out all all the options I have before I think about price.

Don't know if it's in your price range, but Island Club Apartments is literally a minute down the road from the service entrance for the park. I believe they have flexible lease terms.

http://www.myhillsap...tent/index.html

Thanks! I'll check it out.