Face/Off could have two trains

flightoffear1996

This probably won't get any replies, but for everyone's info, Face/Off could have two trains, and this is how. By using a transfer track while people are on the ride, train one could be on the ride while people were loading on the train. Once train one was done going through the track, the transfer track would move and the next train would be ready to go. I think this would cut down the line time, even though I know PKI will not do this. It is possible to have two trains on Face/Off at the same time.

I agree -- I love Face/Off, but am still unwilling to wait for an hour for it even on days that the park is dead. If they added a 2nd train, it would more than double the capacity. The only problem is that a device like that would include a lot of moving parts, which could break down, and adding something like that would be unbelieveably expensive. They'd have to build both the switch track, and probably reconstruct the station.

Im with you on this one MARS1825

Vekoma Boomerangs are built and designed to have one car.

Vekoma markets them to be a "cheap,quick,dont take up a whole lotta space,cookie cutter coaster"It wouldnt be worth the time and effort not to mention the cost of a Transfer track.These rides are lower in price than a full circuit coaster which is why lots of parks buy them.adding a transfer track which probably would be do-able would add to the cost which in turn would put the price tag at or around the cost of a full circuit coaster.(In my oppinion I think a park would rather buy a full circuit as opposed to a boomerang any day) I dont think a transfer track would make the line move any quicker.because the time it would take to switch the cars in between runs would just add to the time.

Well yeah they could automate the track,and add a second train.And yes maybe it wouldn't take that long.But its a cost factor.They bought the vekoma boomerang because it was cheaper than a traditional full circuit coaster.With the added cost of 2 trains,a transfer track,and automation.Would it be worth buying it.

It would be like putting 20 inch Dubs on a 1982 Chevette.Its still an 82 chevette.

In the end your still gonna have a "STINKING VEKOMA BOOMERANG"

Ive never ridden Face-Off besides the line being too long Boomerangs just don't do it for me if you've ridden one you've ridden em all.

Yes land could very wellbeen the issue with that ride.Seeing as where they put it I don't think much more would of fit there.Although I'm sure price had to factor into the decision as well.I bet they could of fit an Intamin impulse coaster in that same space but I'm sure the price of an Impulse is twice that of a Boomerang.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive only seen one transfer track (X-FLIGHT SFWOA) and I never seen them use it they have two stations but everytime ive ever been there theve only used one side of the station.But looking at it it seemed pretty cool the way it was designed and I wish I could of seen it work.

• 15 years later...