Ride Enhancements to The Crypt

kingsrattler

Wow, KI has really went above and beyond this year. WindSeeker, Coney Mall revamp, Dino's, and now Crypt enhancements, this year is going to be one of the greatest yet. I cannot wait to see what the new Crypt does indeed look like.

Wow. Great work, Kings Island! First came WindSeeker, then we learned Flight Deck was getting repainted, Beast is getting some track work done, then you redid all of Coney Mall, then came Dinosaurs Alive and now this. I'd admit it, of ALL the rides I've ridden at Kings Island, there was ONE I didn't enjoy...this one. It needed some work and lookie here, it's getting it!

To be honest, when you add it all up, this is better than 2009 when we got Diamondback...no offense, Diamondback...

How the heck are they supposed to top all this next year!?!? Build a B&M Invert, overhaul and re-open SOB, redo Action Zone, and a few waterslides in Boomerang Bay? Hey wait that would be quite nice...;)

I have to say, I can't speak for anyone else but this, so far, is shifting my allegiances. I had always been upset with Cedar Fair for taking away what I perceived to be more than they needed to. The effects on Backlot, the Tower Gardens, all of Tomb Raider, Swan Lake... It seemed that they would spare no expense to make a ride thrilling, and that they had decided to assimilate the Paramount Parks into legacy parks instead of using a more pluralistic, we're-all-different-and-that's-okay approach.

Even come last year, many of us here said, "Okay. No more excuses. We've let them get away with terrible music, no water features, broken effects, and terrible food under the notion that they were still getting used to the differences between the Paramount theme parks, and the Cedar Fair amusement parks. But it's been five years, and if they don't get ahold of it soon, we'll be past the point of no return." Well, it looks like they got ahold of themselves.

To be honest, when you add it all up, this is better than 2009 when we got Diamondback...no offense, Diamondback...

Exactly. This season they've paired infrastructure improvements with new capital additions and attention to what they already have. This is just a really great off-season, and hopefully this is the new rule and not the exception. I recognize that a ride like Diamondback was needed, and that it's great to get something like that every 5 years or so... But the real push at Kings Island needs to be in maintaining what's there because it was neglected for years under Paramount and to a degree, Cedar Fair.

The world's largest dinosaur park.

The world's largest top spin.

The world's tallest swing ride.

The world's best pavers in Coney Mall... :P

Work on The Beast and Flight Deck.

There's nothing there to complain about, even if we're not getting an 80 mph + attraction!

As I said, I can feel the real attention to detail returning. Now if only next off-season they can plant some trees in Rivertown so that we can get it back to a forested village come 10 - 15 years, help out Backlot Stunt Coaster, and reinvigorate the Tower Gardens. I honestly think we may have the first year that enthusiasts have little to complain about... The again, we always find ways (and there's that large wooden one in the corner of the park that just won't seem to die)...

Touche, Cedar Fair!

With all of this nice scenery being added, I hope they fix up Flight of Fear's theming a little... Just with all the broken lights in the station, the crashing sound, and the lights flickering. Also, BPA1.JPG

It's those small things that make a difference to me :)

I do applaud them for fixing the red light above the train in the station, that was awesome! Now if only they would do the rest! :rolleyes:

But yeah, I can't wait to see all these changes! It's going to be such a beautiful place! Even more than before!

Well said guys!

And speaking of Tower Gardens On the 2010 map, it was still depicted as Paramount Story was. A little mountain with a car infront of it, and some other rocks. On the 2011 Map, that they found in the Math and Science packet, it is depicted as the mountain, with waterfalls. In the 2010 Paramount style map, there are no waterfalls to be seen. In the new one, there are. Could this be an indication of them bringing back the water? Maybe, but i figured i would point it out.

With all of this nice scenery being added, I hope they fix up Flight of Fear's theming a little... Just with all the broken lights in the station, the crashing sound, and the lights flickering. Also,

It's those small things that make a difference to me :)

I do applaud them for fixing the red light above the train in the station, that was awesome! Now if only they would do the rest! :rolleyes:

But yeah, I can't wait to see all these changes! It's going to be such a beautiful place! Even more than before!

I believe that the light thing works, it's just not usually turned on. I've seen it on a few times.

Well said guys!

And speaking of Tower Gardens On the 2010 map, it was still depicted as Paramount Story was. A little mountain with a car infront of it, and some other rocks. On the 2011 Map, that they found in the Math and Science packet, it is depicted as the mountain, with waterfalls. In the 2010 Paramount style map, there are no waterfalls to be seen. In the new one, there are. Could this be an indication of them bringing back the water? Maybe, but i figured i would point it out.

I think it's an indication that the artist just redrew the old map, which is why many of the the old errors are on the new map.

I think it's an indication that the artist just redrew the old map, which is why many of the the old errors are on the new map.

That's my point though....there were never any waterfalls on the old map. Just rocks. On the new map there are waterfalls

The only enhancement they can do for me is to remove the ride altogether and make room for something more exciting to ride! I think a Maverick style Intamin would

fit nicely there. Maybe we could bring back KCKC! The only good year for The Crypt was 2008. If it ran like that again, I'd be happy about that and ride it often. I rode it

once last year out of morbid curiosity, and was as disappointed as ever. When it was the previous name, under a previous owner, it ran really great for a few months the

first year it opened, but not really after that. At least it flipped more than it does now. A true blue full tilt boogy Top Spin is like the one at Adventureland in Iowa. It turns you

upside down and stops! I also really liked the one Geauga Lake used to have. Kings Dominions is pretty decent, too. If Crypt could emulate anyone of those, I'd be pretty

excited to ride it on every visit. I'm not going to ride it just based on new effects in the que, unless I am really tired, and feel like taking a nap!

The only enhancement they can do for me is to remove the ride altogether and make room for something more exciting to ride! I think a Maverick style Intamin would

fit nicely there. Maybe we could bring back KCKC! The only good year for The Crypt was 2008. If it ran like that again, I'd be happy about that and ride it often. I rode it

once last year out of morbid curiosity, and was as disappointed as ever. When it was the previous name, under a previous owner, it ran really great for a few months the

first year it opened, but not really after that. At least it flipped more than it does now. A true blue full tilt boogy Top Spin is like the one at Adventureland in Iowa. It turns you

upside down and stops! I also really liked the one Geauga Lake used to have. Kings Dominions is pretty decent, too. If Crypt could emulate anyone of those, I'd be pretty

excited to ride it on every visit. I'm not going to ride it just based on new effects in the que, unless I am really tired, and feel like taking a nap!

Why even go to the park anymore? And why hit enter completely randomly, not even at the end of sentences? Just type a paragraph... Sorry, that's bothered me.

A roller coaster isn't always the answer. Some on here may think you're Mr. Kinzel in disguise, as just about the only thing that makes you happy is taller, faster, bigger roller coasters. Love it or hate it, we have a one-of-a-kind flat ride. May not be the best in terms of thrill, but it's the only indoor one in the world, it's the only Giant one in the world, and even with its current cycle it has potential given the ride atmosphere, lighting, disorientation, etc. It's clear that you're unhappy with... Well... Pretty much everything except Diamondback and Raptor. So be it.

Maybe you have a valid point about The Crypt. But recognize that when you complain about everything, no one takes it seriously. "Choose your battles," they say. If you yell at your kids every day for dropping Cheerios on the floor, they won't take you seriously when you yell at them for walking out into the street alone. When you complain about every aspect of Kings Island, no one will listen when you have a valid point...

Also, you say that the ride ran like a charm in 2008, and that Kings Dominion's is "pretty decent, too." 2008 Kings Island Crypt = 2005 - present Kings Dominion Crypt. It's the same cycle with precisely the same flips. Just an odd comment I thought I'd make...

Why even go to the park anymore? And why hit enter completely randomly, not even at the end of sentences? Just type a paragraph... Sorry, that's bothered me.

A roller coaster isn't always the answer. Some on here may think you're Mr. Kinzel in disguise, as just about the only thing that makes you happy is taller, faster, bigger roller coasters. Love it or hate it, we have a one-of-a-kind flat ride. May not be the best in terms of thrill, but it's the only indoor one in the world, it's the only Giant one in the world, and even with its current cycle it has potential given the ride atmosphere, lighting, disorientation, etc. It's clear that you're unhappy with... Well... Pretty much everything except Diamondback and Raptor. So be it.

Maybe you have a valid point about The Crypt. But recognize that when you complain about everything, no one takes it seriously. "Choose your battles," they say. If you yell at your kids every day for dropping Cheerios on the floor, they won't take you seriously when you yell at them for walking out into the street alone. When you complain about every aspect of Kings Island, no one will listen when you have a valid point...

Also, you say that the ride ran like a charm in 2008, and that Kings Dominion's is "pretty decent, too." 2008 Kings Island Crypt = 2005 - present Kings Dominion Crypt. It's the same cycle with precisely the same flips. Just an odd comment I thought I'd make...

As others have said, we really need a like button on here.;)

I like the rides that we have; are they all extreme thrills? No. A park is not only about thrills. I would rather have a well kept park, with exciting concepts and a welcoming one of a kind atmosphere, containing only a small handfull of thrills rather than a park built entirely on high speed roller coasters. Just my opinion.

Also, I have always loved Kings Island, not because of the thrills (which I had gotten over a fear of the majority of the coasters a few years ago) but for the atmosphere.

I am aware that picture number one was posted ,but picture number two is currently not loading. Does anyone have a digital copy that they wouldn't mind uploading. I would be very grateful to whoever committed this favor.

Try this:

270407180.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1301971608&Signature=JeTAJHLfaiTmdwdFhtndgA%2FtRPQ%3D

THAT link worked. For me (and others), ALL the others said was POSTED IMAGE. Nothing to right click on!

In Firefox, it parsed to:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Request has expired</Message><RequestId>DFE9F31831E3B168</RequestId><Expires>2011-04-05T02:46:48Z</Expires><HostId>V4NzPjQK2CSLBhNgfjyPwGFrvr0RYUXmhH/8x2vIxDWgxPMmOfhKWql+E7IGT4wj</HostId><ServerTime>2011-04-05T03:00:01Z</ServerTime></Error>

Very well put. This guy reminds me of an old joke:

How many mother in laws does it take to change a light bulb?..... None, they'd rather sit in the dark and Bit*h!

Unless they change the crappy ride program it has I still wont waste my time with it.

I fully second that. I rode Crypt at KD on Sunday, and the flips were so intense that I screamed like a little girl. It actually scared me. Which is why I'll be riding it again. The way Crypt operated at KD is how a Huss top spin should operate. It looked pretty wicked with the water and the flames shooting up toward the riders. There were more people watching than there were riding.

Our Top Spin wasn't built for that. It was built to do only slightly more than it does now. The only difference is that now there are no effects to "distract" you from the tame cycle.

I'd sooner expect Son of Beast to reopen April 30th, 2011 than to see our Top Spin do more than four flips in a cycle.