Idea for new feature at the park

Lakota88

I know I'm not the only adult with fond memories of the early days of KI. KI is still wonderful today, but on my last trip I couldn't help longing to see some of the old rides that were childhood favorites. What if KI could locate cars from some of those old rides and put them on display throughout the park (preferably near their original locations)? They could set them up as mini historical displays with a plaque showing the dates the ride was in the park and perhaps a picture or two of the ride as it was in KI.

Imagine being able to have your picture taken in one of Winnie Witches Cauldrons, or a shoe from The Flying Dutchman, or one of the old antique cars.

A single car and display wouldn't take up much real estate so it would be easy find spaces for them throughout the park. They could even reconfigure some food or drink stands to accommodate them if they were low on space in certain areas. How cool would a Bayern Curve frozen drink stand be?

It would be a nice way to celebrate the history of the park and give us geezers nice trips down memory lane without disturbing the more modern, exciting feel of today's KI.

I sent a note to KI suggesting the idea. I doubt they'll do anything with it, and I'm probably not the first to think of it, but at least I tried.

That would be great, But KI didn't keep everything from defunct ride. I know The Flying Dutchman is at KK in Louisville.

I know they didn't keep the old rides, but they should still be able to locate some old cars. The history of the defunct rides on this site details the locations of many of those old rides, and some are simply in storage somewhere. I can't imagine it would cost too much to purchase a single car from some those rides.

Imagine being able to have your picture taken in one of Winnie Witches Cauldrons...

There was one of these up for sale on eBay about a year or 2 ago...someone had it is their front yard. I forget how much they wanted, it wasn't too much...but you did have to pick it up in person.

Didn't Six Flags Magic Mountain install a tiny museum dedicated to former attractions at the top of their observation rower a few seasons back? The only problem is that most parks do not like to dwell on the past. Nostalgia doesn't necessarily translate into increased revenue. As such, they are often not inclined to invest in such things ad museums or memorials to past rides and attractions. Yes, there are some exceptions to those rules. Some parks firmly embrace their heritage more than others.

I would rather see them bring the rides back, not shells of rides. Although, the idea is noble, not knocking the idea. I just think it would be better if they

would bring the rides back that had appeal to people, i.e. Flying Eagles! I think seeing a flying Eagle tub would upset me, and make me long for it, more than

smile at the fond memories I used to have. It would be more or reminder of the mistakes Kings Island has made over the years. A lot of those flat rides were

awesome, and I wish I could ride them. The Der Spinnen Keggers, for example was an incredible ride! I loved to make it spin and spin and spin. Snapping the cables

on the Eagles, AMAZING! The HB rides, nothing like them, and probably never will be again. Amazing themed rides, those HB rides were! I'd give anything to take

another ride on the original Enchanted Voyage again! :)

It was so great to hear the Enchanted Voyage song in the Action Theater a few years ago,when the HB movie played.I got to ride the antique cars at Kings Dominion three days ago.While riding I looked over at the Eiffel Tower and in that moment I felt like a kid again.

I agree with the idea of a park history area and I suggested this in a thread last year. The old 'Paramount Story' park area would be a perfect place for this. There could be photos and video screens with old commercials and ride videos, and actual ride components would be a big plus.