Internships

NatiReds084

While we're on the topic...

Does anyone know if KI's or CP's engineering departments (or just about any park, really) do any internships or summer jobs? (And I better not get Terpedoed! You know who you are! :P )

EDIT: To be clear, I mean outside of their jobs pages. I've already checked there.

Yes!

(I`m not Terpy though).

To be honest, the best way to find out would be to contact the park. It might be too late for this summer season though, as most seasonal parks have already started filling their summer positions. And you know how the old saying goes. "The early bird catches the worm."

• Like 1

Is anyone aware of any offered internships with KI? I will be graduating at wright state with an organizational leadership degree next November and was looking into possibly being an intern this summer...

They do have marketing internships, thats about it..Even with a degree in organizational leadership, it might be worth a shot to apply.

While we're on the topic...

Does anyone know if KI's or CP's engineering departments (or just about any park, really) do any internships or summer jobs? (And I better not get Terpedoed! You know who you are! :P )

EDIT: To be clear, I mean outside of their jobs pages. I've already checked there.

I've looked into it pretty extensively and the bottom line is that Cedar Fair contracts out essentially all Design and Engineering. Six Flags on the other hand does have a central engineering group so that they can do some in house designing but it is still limited. I believe the one group services the entire organization so there's still a lot of contracting out.

Disney on the other hand is completely in house. We have an enormous group for all design, engineering, architecture, facility management, project management, and more. It's possible that we'll contract the fabrication, but not the design.

• Like 1

^ Wow--that's exactly the sort of info I was looking for! Thank you! :) The only thing "Cedar Fair engineering [or design] department" will find you on Google is interviews with Ed Dangler at Cedar Point... Interesting reads? Sure. But not exactly what I was looking for.

^ Wow--that's exactly the sort of info I was looking for! Thank you! :) The only thing "Cedar Fair engineering [or design] department" will find you on Google is interviews with Ed Dangler at Cedar Point... Interesting reads? Sure. But not exactly what I was looking for.

Funny, I remember when Ed Dangler was head of maintenance at KI.

• Like 1

But yea essentially any major change that any Cedar Point wants to do is going to be contracted to one of the many vendors that shows up at IAAPA every years. I'm sure many of those companies however do have internship capabilities. A friend of mine in DAAP for Industrial Design did several Co-Op's with Jack Rouse who has done tons of work for Cedar Fair, Six Flags, and more.

• Like 1