Start of Season Testing

IndyGuy4KI

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings Island removed the ride's sign and replaced it with flowers and trees. They removed a lot of its queue. They took it off the map. They removed it from their site. They delete posts about it from their Facebook page. They freaking used its station as a Haunt maze.

Give it up. It's not opening this year.

Son of Beast214, I'm with you that I enjoyed the ride. I thought it was fun, and extreme in a way that I didn't mind.

Honestly, be happy about its status right now. Love it or hate it, the fact is it could have been better. Now we have some idea that it will either get better and re-open, or it will not. And if it doesn't, it will eventually leave and be replaced by something grand. Kings Island has two of the most famous wooden roller coasters on Earth (three if you count infamy). It's heritage is the wooden roller coaster. I for one rest assured that Son of Beast will either re-open some day better than ever, or another, better wooden roller coaster will eventually grace the park in its place.

Either way, you won't be riding it this year.

GYK, hopefully conveying that you can be a fan of the ride and still be logical...

i just had to say this: lets see if we see SOB testing this year. They havnt said if closed for season yet and i hope not.

Are you seriously that out of touch with reality?

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

i feel that it is sad after almost 2 years their is still no dission on opening it or to do something with it me think they are toying with us!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

This Friday is supposed to be park map release which means what SOB will be and Action Theater!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

but if its on the map that is basically saying its open. if not then its closed

I suppose for some, *denile* is more than just a river in Egypt.

This morning I watched Drop Tower start to wake from its long winter slumber. Interesting in that the whole "mechanism" slowly rose to the top, but then did not drop the seating bowl. It just came slowly back down the tower.

Signs of life after a long winter. Every day my 4 year old asks me how many days until he can ride the "scary ride with the skeletons"!

May I please put this out there before some other SOB die hard see something they do not understand. Just remember that SOB will not open this year, but as you drive by and you see guys on SOB walking the track etc. They still have a maintenance schedule that has to be followed, even when a ride is not functioning, they still have to maintain a secure structure and sometimes looks. So if a beam or piece of wood is in need of attention KI may still have to give it attention to ensure park safety and structural integrity. So again before someone says, " hey everybody they are working on SOB and its getting the TREATMENT." Not so fast, state only what you know not what you think when giving the news on SOB. Thanks

for those who where actually wanting to know about when the rides will start being tested and not about peoples sad dreams of sob running this season...Having started already, maintenance has begun putting trains back on, control panels in, etc, so by the time associates report to their training they will be functional to run those days, and i would assume they the park has some sort of quota to reach before they have people ride them

for those who where actually wanting to know about when the rides will start being tested and not about peoples sad dreams of sob running this season...Having started already, maintenance has begun putting trains back on, control panels in, etc, so by the time associates report to their training they will be functional to run those days, and i would assume they the park has some sort of quota to reach before they have people ride them

I'd be interested to hear which control panels you think are removed in the off season.

I'd be interested to hear which control panels you think are removed in the off season.

That's what I was thinking too.

replaced, rewired, whatever they have to do, i'm not saying that they are physically removed, that my friend, would be an unintelligent assumption.

replaced, rewired, whatever they have to do, i'm not saying that they are physically removed, that my friend, would be an unintelligent assumption.

replaced!? rewired!? what ones?

replaced!? rewired!? what ones?

It seems some are taking his view a little too literal.

I believe what he is saying is- whatever normal PM's need to be done- are done.

The off-season is the best time to complete the manufacturer's standard PM tasks- which would have to include electrical inspection & repair.