Start of Season Testing

IndyGuy4KI

replaced, rewired, whatever they have to do, i'm not saying that they are physically removed, that my friend, would be an unintelligent assumption.

replaced!? rewired!? what ones?

It seems some are taking his view a little too literal.

I believe what he is saying is- whatever normal PM's need to be done- are done.

The off-season is the best time to complete the manufacturer's standard PM tasks- which would have to include electrical inspection & repair.

OMG SOMEONE WHO GETS IT...

relax ladies and gentleman, i am just a "tourist" to Kings Island...ahahahahahahaha

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Electrical inspection? Egh, not so much. For example, you'd be surprised how easy it is to literally turn on The Vortex with a key and start running trains for the first time in a season and not have any electrical problems come up.

Who would have thought they would do less inspecting coming off the winter break than they do during the regular season...

http://www.coaster10...ly-inspections/

http://www.coaster10...out-procedures/

Please view page 426 under "maintenance"

http://books.google.com/books?id=UVyDdAjUITQC&pg=PA426&lpg=PA426&dq=start+of+season+amusement+park+inspections&source=bl&ots=RdncEMWXvg&sig=wXASqrzgzEVxtROuOkiYlhY1mfA&hl=en&ei=yDOdTd2dAcLt0gGOs-XtAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

Electrical inspection? Egh, not so much. For example, you'd be surprised how easy it is to literally turn on The Vortex with a key and start running trains for the first time in a season and not have any electrical problems come up.

This really makes sense to me for someone who works in the engineering department of a radio station. A lot of times opening electrical equipment up for inspection can be just as bad if not worse than testing the general functionality of the equipment as a whole to find any issues. Not opening them up also helps with the longevity/TCO of the equipment. This applied to CD, tape, and DAT players and other equipment used at a radio station. I am guessing the same rules would apply to a roller coaster?

When Kings Island's season pass processing starts,I'm going to go there one evening to have my Kings Dominion pass scanned to see if it works at KI.Hopefully there won't be any issues with it,but one can't be too sure.

Several of us got Carowinds platinum passes this past Saturday. They scanned just fine at Kings Dominion on Sunday.

But that sounds like a good idea, to go down and see if they scan. Like you said, can't be too sure. My KI pass has had a few issues at CP in the past and it didn't scan at Carowinds or KD last year. You would think with technology the way it is, they'd have this issue resolved. Those platinum passes are $165 a pop. I don't often get irritated with park operations, but when my CF platinum pass does not scan at a CF park, that shortens my fuse a bit.

for those who where actually wanting to know about when the rides will start being tested and not about peoples sad dreams of sob running this season...Having started already, maintenance has begun putting trains back on, control panels in, etc, so by the time associates report to their training they will be functional to run those days, and i would assume they the park has some sort of quota to reach before they have people ride them

i forgot to add something, Once they have done the above, and yes sometimes there is maintenance for control panels, The State has to inspect them...Very important portion to test cycles

for those who where actually wanting to know about when the rides will start being tested and not about peoples sad dreams of sob running this season...Having started already, maintenance has begun putting trains back on, control panels in, etc, so by the time associates report to their training they will be functional to run those days, and i would assume they the park has some sort of quota to reach before they have people ride them

i forgot to add something, Once they have done the above, and yes sometimes there is maintenance for control panels, The State has to inspect them...Very important portion to test cycles

The state doesn't inspect the control panels.

I said all that and all you read was control panels. THE STATE INSPECTS THE RIDES. AND SOMETIMES, THERE IS ROUTINE MAINTENANCE DONE ON THE CONTROL PANELS. I hope my all cap sentences makes my point very clear. I'm assuming that my assumptions of this forum are wrong. I will just have to more clear and concise in my responses. I sometimes forget that not everyone understands everything about the park, not saying that I do.

I said all that and all you read was control panels. THE STATE INSPECTS THE RIDES. AND SOMETIMES, THERE IS ROUTINE MAINTENANCE DONE ON THE CONTROL PANELS. I hope my all cap sentences makes my point very clear. I'm assuming that my assumptions of this forum are wrong. I will just have to more clear and concise in my responses. I sometimes forget that not everyone understands everything about the park, not saying that I do.

"Lighten up Francis"

You will learn with time (if you haven't already) that you can't beat around the bush when posting on this site. If you have a point to make, then make it. You will be more respected on this site if you stick with the facts that are 100% accurate, don't spread gossip that you hear from the "Dippin' Dots guy," or try to glorify a fact by adding incorrect information at the tail end of a true statement. Some of us on this site know more about the inner workings of KI and amusement parks in general than you might realize and we will correct you if you say something that we know is incorrect...but don't take it personally when we do so.