3 New rollercoaster for 2012

Michaeljackson

Okay I was thinking for 2012 the park could have 3 new rollercoasters hear are some ideas

Plane crash- this could be the worlds first robotic arm coaster where it's like a robotic arm at legoland only it's on a track and is free to move in all types of directions it could feature a tunnel an indoor section where the robotic arm launches upwards from 0-58 mph up a tunnel and out of the building and then special effects could simulate crashing and it flies out the building at 180 ft high and the robotic arm rotates and the ride whizzes through all sorts of themed areas like mountains and river and even may feature an underground section

THe splitter- this rollercoaster should have a train just like a fourth dimension rollercoaster where the seats rotate only the track splits so one half of the fourth dimension

coaster could go in one direction and the other half of the rollercoaster could go another direction and then the track rejoins and the train goes back to the station

A criminals escape- this rollercoaster will be a motorbike rollercoaster and will be themed around a motorway the motorbike launches from 0-70 mph and races around a motorway the ride should be mostly flat but could feature hills bridges tunnels to give it more of a theme

The park could also do with a few more flat rides like a curator a fabric booster a speed flip ride ( just like the orbiter ride only it flips) or even a equinox ride which you find in fairs

I hope you take my ideas into consideration

Yeah why not add a few more thrilling coaster also and ive just had another idea

MONSTER TRUCK RAMPAGE- someone once said that the heavier the train the faster the coaster goes so why not add massive monster trucks and make theme go up a 200 ft hill and then come down and it will go to speeds of 100 mph

Yeah, it's not like Roller Coaster Tycoon where randomly borrowing $200,000 to build three coasters is logical (and $200,000 isn't even close enough to build one coaster, I've never understood why Roller Coaster Tycoon's money system was so unrealistic). There's things to worry about other than building as many roller coasters as possible. There's a SBNO coaster in Action Zone right now which I hope will be taken care of next year (and no, I don't mean fixed and reopened).

Cedar Fair has spent their money well for Kings Island. They've fixed the park up one area at a time, and I hope that Action Zone will be done next year. That's what I expect to see for 2012.

Why not?

* Debt.

* Target Market.

* Reality.

* Cedar Point has the thrill niche filled for Ohio and is no longer competition.

Just to name four...

This. If I remember right, they weren't even done developing the robotic arm coaster. I saw a show like two years ago, and haven't heard anything since. Anyways, be real. Each of those coasters would probably cost $50+ million, except the motorbike one and the monster truck one. Even then, you think they could possibly develop this in one year? They wouldn't have started developing it because of the reasons Terpy stated.

Some years back, I had the experience (I will not say pleasure) of riding a prototype of the thing at IAAPA.

Those who know me know what I mean by this: Slingshot at Kings Island is more fun. Much, much more fun.*

(*Terpy finds Slingshot ALMOST as thrilling as sleeping in a La-Z-Boy chair. But not quite.)

I actually enjoy Slingshot more than I do Xtreme Skyflyer. Both are fun, and worth $5 if you can manage to buy a ticket to them when they are that cheap. I don`t do them every time I go, but maybe once or twice a season, I will enjoy those attractions.

And keep in mind, that the Harry Potter ride down at Universal uses a form of robotic arm ride system. And the Harry Potter ride, is VERY well done in my opinion. Perfect combination of movie projection with actual sets. I was quite impressed with the ride on my two rides on it back in December.

You can almost always get on SkyFlyer or Slingshot for $5, all you have to do is get your ticket right when the park opens. You can ride any time of the day as long as you have a ticket.

Unless, of course, they've changed something...

That's the way it was last season. I rode Slingshot several times because of that policy, and will likely do so again this year. I'm not a fan of Skyflyer though (Drop Tower is a much better value - you drop towards the ground from several hundred feet in the air at 60+mph, but it's not face-first and you have more time to enjoy the view, plus it's free).

I love the idea, but it will never happen for the reasons Terpy stated. Like him, I too rode the prototype at IAAPA. The problem with those arms or robocoasters as they're called is capacity. It would be a nightmare. Those would be good upsell attractions at small parks like Strickers Grove size.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Okay I was thinking for 2012 the park could have 3 new rollercoasters hear are some ideas

Plane crash- this could be the worlds first robotic arm coaster where it's like a robotic arm at legoland only it's on a track and is free to move in all types of directions it could feature a tunnel an indoor section where the robotic arm launches upwards from 0-58 mph up a tunnel and out of the building and then special effects could simulate crashing and it flies out the building at 180 ft high and the robotic arm rotates and the ride whizzes through all sorts of themed areas like mountains and river and even may feature an underground section

THe splitter- this rollercoaster should have a train just like a fourth dimension rollercoaster where the seats rotate only the track splits so one half of the fourth dimension

coaster could go in one direction and the other half of the rollercoaster could go another direction and then the track rejoins and the train goes back to the station

A criminals escape- this rollercoaster will be a motorbike rollercoaster and will be themed around a motorway the motorbike launches from 0-70 mph and races around a motorway the ride should be mostly flat but could feature hills bridges tunnels to give it more of a theme

The park could also do with a few more flat rides like a curator a fabric booster a speed flip ride ( just like the orbiter ride only it flips) or even a equinox ride which you find in fairs

I hope you take my ideas into consideration

I Dont Think You Understand How Expensive Coasters Are. Diamondback Alone Was Around 20 Mil.

Plus Where Are They Going To Put The Rides, SOB Was Actually In The Park Illegally Because They Didnt Have The Rights To THe Land It Was One.

I would like to see Kings Island go on down to Kentucky Kingdom and buy the rides sitting there. Not exactly new but with face lift and care it would allow KI to expand into the rear of the park and have lots of new rides for a fraction of the money. Thunder Run (mix with SOB maybe) T2 not a bad coaster new looks who knows, Twisted Twins (The Racers big cousin) I could go on about the smaller rides but think about it. Kids area with many rides catered to the in between age group and height as well as bein stock full of rides could reduce ride waits. What do you think