3 New rollercoaster for 2012

Michaeljackson

I would like to see Kings Island go on down to Kentucky Kingdom and buy the rides sitting there. Not exactly new but with face lift and care it would allow KI to expand into the rear of the park and have lots of new rides for a fraction of the money. Thunder Run (mix with SOB maybe) T2 not a bad coaster new looks who knows, Twisted Twins (The Racers big cousin) I could go on about the smaller rides but think about it. Kids area with many rides catered to the in between age group and height as well as bein stock full of rides could reduce ride waits. What do you think

An even less expensive project.... get SoB running again with Timberliner trains. Yes, GravityKraft would have to re-engineer the width between the wheel trucks to accommodate the wider gauge of Sob's track, but should be able to put 32 to 34 riders per train with much better tracking of the hard turns. Take a look at "Twister" Grona Lund. Talk about super turning. Get SoB back running!!!!

• 1 month later...

^^Fixing SOB to where the ride experience would be "acceptable for park management" would be expensive.

^I think that was before land was sold to the Great Wolf Lodge.

Yeah that would be a lot of money... and im not sure when the acre estimate was but probably before GWL.

Dick Kinzel said at Coaster Mania 2011 in response to a question about SoB that a fix would be around $20 million from Rocky Mountain. GCI woodies go for about $8 million ex: Prowler at Worlds of Fun. It is much cheaper than what treatment is in talks for SoB.

^I think that was before land was sold to the Great Wolf Lodge.

... and im not sure when the acre estimate was but probably before GWL.

Kings Island currently owns about 650 acres - the main parcel that the park sits on is about 620 acres, although there is some sort of Easement for 96 acres. Great Wolf Lodge sits on about 42 acres.

Lot's of fun information about the park property can be found on the Warren County Ohio Auditors Site, including:

• Kings Island pays more than $1.1 Million in Property Tax to Warren County
  • Under the Memo's tab, there is a whole bunch of recent stuff related to WindSeeker and the following note: "SEE ALSO RTG 16C-2-3 FOR 'WAVE POOL'. " Just info for those that think work in Boomerang Bay could be coming for 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Cedar Fair's biggest problem with Cedar Point is location. Cincinnati is more centrally located to service, St Louis, Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis, Nashville and Huntington to name a few.

While Cedar Point is a wonderful theme park full of top thrill roller-coasters, the location limits the clientele to the Northern states. Kings Island is accessible to many Southern States as well as the Northern reaches.<div><br></div><div><br></div><div> A major difference between Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH and Kings Island in Mason, OH is that Cedar Point is water locked and cannot expand any further, while Kings Island still possesses many acres for expansion.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

While Cedar Point is a wonderful theme park full of top thrill roller-coasters, the location limits the clientele to the Northern states.

I almost spit out my water from laughter. This is like saying Disney is limited to clientele from Florida. Consider for a moment that the resorts are booked from day one to closing day wall to wall with people from all over the United States and also other countries. People fly in from all over the world on a daily basis to Cleveland an Akron-Canton just to visit Cedar Point.

It's a destination, not a "local attraction".

Land is really an irrelevant issue at Cedar Point as well. There really is no more need for "expansion", even though space is not quite as limited as one may think. But even if they wanted to, it would be close to overkill, as the attendance really is not going to go too far north of what it already is; it's more or less plateaued, with its peak being around 1994-1995, and steady ever since.

I would argue any negative being near the water brings is far outweighed from the view. Unmatched.

Cedar Fair's biggest problem with Cedar Point is location. Cincinnati is more centrally located to service, St Louis, Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis, Nashville and Huntington to name a few.

While Cedar Point is a wonderful theme park full of top thrill roller-coasters, the location limits the clientele to the Northern states. Kings Island is accessible to many Southern States as well as the Northern reaches.

A major difference between Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH and Kings Island in Mason, OH is that Cedar Point is water locked and cannot expand any further, while Kings Island still possesses many acres for expansion.

Welcome to KICentral MEakins

I think it would be a failure on anyone's part to try and compare Cedar Point and Kings Island as a apples to apples caparison. Cedar Point is more of a destination park which a big portion of their attendance are folks who travel there and often stay in the area. While Kings Island has that too they also enjoy a much larger Season Pass base who visit often and make several day trips. I have felt several years back Kings Island (Cedar Fair) did a much better job with special events that inclined me to make special trips to Kings Island more often. I see both having a unique visitor base vastly different from each other and I hope that always continues.

Me and my family has choosen KI as our only theme park to visit anymore. We've been to places like CP & 6 flags, Disney to name a few. Those are nice places don't get me wrong but they're all overly crowded with the throngs of people there. What KI offers us now for entertainment and thrills is a recipe I hope they never change!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...