Top ten scariest rollercoasters at kings island

Michaeljackson

You obviously never rode the Williams Grove Cyclone.

Tee Hee.

http://www.rcdb.com/416.htm?p=23023

It didn't look a whole lot better than that when it operated. Guy lines attached to trees, track bending very visibly when the train passed, back car removed from the PTC train so the coaster would make its course. Tree growing up through the lift hill track.

Fun, fun, fun!

Indeed. It also had that wonderful double deck section...

http://www.rcdb.com/416.htm?p=23025

I miss Williams Grove, but I do not miss them lying to me..."Yes, Mr. Terpy, the coaster is open and running." One year, when I got there, there was a sapling growing through the lift hill track...and they said the coaster had just run yesterday... Yeah, right.

This probably says more about me than anything else, but I adored that ride. I had some of the most fun I have ever had in a park in that little place. And that coaster was scary...especially if you knew a lot about coaster construction and rode it with friends whose job it was and/or now is to design wooden roller coasters...

Terp, just sayin'

From the GP standpoint probably Diamondback, but I can ride it all day without any problems. I actually find it one of the easiest rides in the park to ride.

If you want to talk about scary rides, I consider Drop Tower to be pretty scary. That's the only ride at the park that I'm a little nervous about riding.

I actually just discovered the Cyclone yesterday. Was it as rough as the guys over at TPR made it out to be? And, was that final turn into the station as sharp and unexpected as their POV shows?

It, no doubt, is quite an interesting coaster.

I wouldn't normally consider them Scary but they can be intimidating to some. My daughter is terrified to get on most of them.

In 2009 I rode DB and it was my fist Coaster since Thunder Run in 1990. While I loved the ride, it took a few visits last season before I could get back on it :( Thankfully though, I faced it and have have no problems getting on it now. Even got the wife on it and she had just rode her FIRST coaster last summer.

Flight Deck is scary because the first time I rode it I didn't know it kinda stopped for a second at the top.

Flight Deck almost always slows down near the top of the lifthill. It's supposedly to allow the other train to enter the loading station safely.

You guys want to see a RIDICULOUS roller coaster that DOES stop? Here ya go, a woodie in Japan named Jupiter. It's at some park named Kijima...or something, I'm not sure about Japanese parks:

Also, the Williams Grove Cyclone looks...fun. Oh no...I am insane!

As for the scariest coasters I have been on at Kings Island...

#1-Vortex

#2-Firehawk (the g-forces on the twist sections are intense!)

#3-Flight of Fear

#4-Invertigo

#5-The Beast (Night Only, Daytime not as scary)

And, as a bit of a weird note...I found BLSC to be more intense than Racer. Weird but true.

McSalsa, commenting on a bunch of stuff at once.B)

Although, I don't find any coaster scary at KI, I would say Firehawk is the most un-nerving. I would be happier if they had shelves to put your stuff on. I always fear I am going to lose something off my person. I came within a half inch of being clobbered by an arant cell phone in 09 walking near the ride. That's my only coaster fear at KI.

Tee Hee.

It didn't look a whole lot better than that when it operated. Guy lines attached to trees, track bending very visibly when the train passed, back car removed from the PTC train so the coaster would make its course. Tree growing up through the lift hill track.

Fun, fun, fun!

Wildcat at Lake Compounce OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!! never again!! :wacko:. that was a one time ride for me but there Boomer is Glass Smooth!!

• 1 month later...

Tee Hee.

Fun, fun, fun!

Wildcat at Lake Compounce OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!! never again!! :wacko:. that was a one time ride for me but there Boomer is Glass Smooth!!

the first time i rode mean streak at CP i came off with a massive headache. Is that just me or does it do that to everyone?