New Food Options Near KI

KIfan1980

My wife and I ate at the Outback Steakhouse at the corner of Kings Island Drive and Rt 741 off I-71 (North Entrances - near the Harley Dealership).

They are building a new set of restaurants in that vicinity facing Kings Island Drive and an employment sign on a construction trailer indicated that it will be a:

• Jimmy Johns
  • DQ
  • Chipotle

They did not look like they'll be ready by opening day, but it looks like new close to park food options continue to appear.

I apologize if this was noted elsewhere, I searched and didn't see anything.

Hmmm. Company research must indicate strong demand for restaurants in that area.

After all, "People gotta eat."--an operations guy, not a finance guy.

have to eat for a reasonable price to! KI food is not averaged priced. (it is for a theme park though)

Not really. Quite frequently Disney, Universal, Busch and even Six Flags have more reasonably priced, higher quality food than does any Cedar Fair park. For instance, last weekend, BGW was offering an all you can eat pizza buffet with Caesar Salad, pudding and pasta, all you can drink included. Price? $9.99. $8.99 for passholders!

If Cedar Fair did not think their pricing was more profitable than that of other parks, they would lower the prices. They aren't stupid.

And about Disney... their drinks are cheaper, but the food itself seemed to be more or less than KI. At Magic Kingdom, the fried fish basket I had was a bit less than it would be at Outer Hanks, but the fried shrimp basket was about a dollar more. And their buffets are certainly more.

Hmmm. Company research must indicate strong demand for restaurants in that area.

After all, "People gotta eat."--an operations guy, not a finance guy.

have to eat for a reasonable price to! KI food is not averaged priced. (it is for a theme park though)

Not really. Quite frequently Disney, Universal, Busch and even Six Flags have more reasonably priced, higher quality food than does any Cedar Fair park. For instance, last weekend, BGW was offering an all you can eat pizza buffet with Caesar Salad, pudding and pasta, all you can drink included. Price? $9.99. $8.99 for passholders!

Very true, also Universal has Meal Deal for $22 all you can eat food yum!

going their in 6 days!!! (not the first time)

And hasn`t Cedar Fair seen per caps spending continue to trend down the last few quarters? Clearly, that could be an indicator that their food prices are too high and they are not maximizing their profits. (Simple Econ 101 right there. Higher prices don`t always mean profit maximization.)