Pass upgrading

homestar92

I have another pass-related question (I'm a first-time pass buyer). Is it possible to upgrade a pass to the next level, say, a gold pass to a platinum pass (without just buying another pass)? I ask because I bought a gold pass, but then something came up which will land me in Sandusky for a couple of days. So if I could feasably upgrade to a platinum, I'd obviously want to do that.

In order to upgrade to Platinum, you must do so from the same park where the pass was purchased. You will pay the current price for a Platinum Pass minus what you actually paid for your existing pass. Processing must also occur at the park where the initial pass was purchased. For obvious reasons, upgrades are not normally allowed to be done at a different park than where originally purchased. Calling the park is indeed the best advice.

Don't forget the Platinum will get you ERT access at the Point. Have a great time!

In order to upgrade to Platinum, you must do so from the same park where the pass was purchased. You will pay the current price for a Platinum Pass minus what you actually paid for your existing pass. Processing must also occur at the park where the initial pass was purchased. For obvious reasons, upgrades are not normally allowed to be done at a different park than where originally purchased. Calling the park is indeed the best advice.

Don't forget the Platinum will get you ERT access at the Point. Have a great time!

going to process our passes this weekend....wooooooohooooooooo

Terpy I have to disagree with you here, I upgraded from my KI Gold Pass to a Carowinds Platinum Pass on opening weekend. But you are correct, calling the park is a good idea. When I called Carowinds prior to my trip they said I could upgrade, however they wouldn't send it to me in writing. (It's a good idea to get it in writing if they say you can) So I then emailed the Carowinds via their website "Contact Us" and got an answer/statement by the next day saying that I could upgrade to Platinum from a Kings Island Gold Pass.

• 8 years later...