What is the biggest prize you have ever won at Kings Island?

McSalsa

Yep. Time for a poll.;)

Kings Island, in addition to its many rides, shows, and shops also features quite a few games of chance- things like 3 Point Challenge, the test-your-strength game, etc etc. From these games, you can win stuff. But here's the poll part: What's the most valuable prize you have ever won from Kings Island's games? A stuffed animal? A Playstation 3? Or have you been unable have won nothing to date?

Enjoy the poll. If you dislike, click back.

I have never won anything for I do not play games at KI. I can play lots of those types of games within minutes of my house. I drive 2 hrs to KI for the coaster and flats, so my interest in spending money at the games, Zilch! Now, I do stop and spend a few minutes watching other people try their chances at the games, but not to often.

Anxious to hear what others have won, and I am also interested in where people place their 4ft tall stuffed animals that you see people carrying around in 90 degree heat.

Many, many moons ago I won a toaster (yes, a toaster!) at the milk jug toss. That was the best appliance I ever owned - I used it for about 10 years. It's still stored in my basement in the "garage sale" box. I guarantee it still works.

Also, I used to be a pro at the quarter toss. Won a ton of those giant animals from that thing. It was there for years, but removed about 10 years ago or so.

The only game left at the park that I play is Bowler Roller, or Roller Bowler. (I get the name mixed up.) I love that game, but couldn't care less about the prizes. I just like the challenge of it. I won a tiny gorilla from that game two years ago and brought it home to my kitten (at the time.) It remains my cats best friend - she loves that thing!

Shaggy

My brother-in-law seems to have a knack at the peach baskets...he has brought home about 3 of the big prizes.

I personally do not care to play the games...but my nephews do. Most of the time when I play it is the squirt type. I will play against my nephew when it is just him & I, that way he is guarenteed to win something.

At least 3 times in the past while we have been at the park a complete stranger has won a prize and turned around and asked one of my nephews if they would like it.

It is always a nice moment...and i'm not sure who is happiest, my nephew or the person who seems to know how much they just made someone's day. :)

I have no problem at all winning the weight guessing games, going 3-for-3 on them last year. I've won a couple of team flags and a Bengals pillow from them. I also won another team flag at the speed pitch game last year with a 37 mph fastball (don't look for me in the big leagues any time soon).

• 2 weeks later...

I won a Rasta banana at KD

Which is such a poor quality item that the eyes were sown on crooked so he looks mean. Nigella likes the thing but keeps getting freaked out when she catches a look at it's face. She literally hides him when she's not playing with him. I think she actually had a bad dream about him (3 yr old retelling dreams, very confusing)

The day I won it was one of those... "OK let's give in park spending a try' days. Man, CF burnt me again. I like to spend money at other parks but feel ripped off every time I do at any CF park (except the sparts bar under Raptor...oh wait, nearly my whole salad was over ripe last time I ate there and I vowed not to do it again). Got a nearly 4 dollar coffee to warm up and it wasn't good coffee and they only had powdered creamer.

Once again, I vow to NOT SPEND A DIME INSIDE A CF PARK this year.

I spend a good $40-$50 a day at other parks.

Sorry to gripe in an upbeat forum but...

Many, many moons ago I won a toaster (yes, a toaster!) at the milk jug toss. That was the best appliance I ever owned - I used it for about 10 years. It's still stored in my basement in the "garage sale" box. I guarantee it still works.

Also, I used to be a pro at the quarter toss. Won a ton of those giant animals from that thing. It was there for years, but removed about 10 years ago or so.

The only game left at the park that I play is Bowler Roller, or Roller Bowler. (I get the name mixed up.) I love that game, but couldn't care less about the prizes. I just like the challenge of it. I won a tiny gorilla from that game two years ago and brought it home to my kitten (at the time.) It remains my cats best friend - she loves that thing!

Shaggy

It's funny because the first thing that I thought about when I saw this topic was the prizes they offered at quarter pitch back in the mid-1990s. They offered some nice appliances including toasters and coffee makers (and even a blanket I still have to this day). Interestingly enough my dad still has the toaster I won back in 1996 and it continues to work perfectly. Shaggy, just out of curiosity, did you use the "bounce it off the ceiling" technique when you were playing quarter pitch?

I still play Bowler Roller, Bank-a-Ball and Three Point Challenge. I'm with Shaggy about the challenge of the game overriding the desire for most of the prizes. It's a link to my childhood that I'd like to hold on to a little longer.

Gad198, I know you are much to humble to ever brag about anything that you ever won playing a game at a amusement park. Let me just say that I'm willing to bet you've paid more in taxes on amusement park prizes than anyone in the world the last couple of years.

And when you say challenge....you mean obsession, right? lol

My dad won me a giant 6 ft stuffed huskey at the sledge hammer game a few years ago. It took him a couple of years but he finally won it for me and I still have him in my garage.

I won a stuffed dog at one of the coney Mall games. Aside from playing that one with my daughter, I stay away from the games.

Shaggy

I had completely forgotten about the quarter toss until you posted this. When I turned 8, my parents took me and a few friends to KI for my birthday. It was one of the few times my dad let me and my sibblings play games. He brought a big bag of quarters for all of us and in the end, I won nothing, but I had a blast. Completely had forgotten about that until you mentioned it. Brightens my day a little, thanks Shaggy!

• 1 month later...

I've won a large red bull from the football tire toss and a gigantic Sponge Bob from the goblet toss. The only downside was having to cart SB around the park the rest of the day.

So what did you do with it when you got it home? Indyguy who wonders where these larges stuffed animals end up after they get home!

Welcome to KIC spitfire!

I've won a large red bull from the football tire toss and a gigantic Sponge Bob from the goblet toss. The only downside was having to cart SB around the park the rest of the day.

So what did you do with it when you got it home? Indyguy who wonders where these larges stuffed animals end up after they get home!

Welcome to KIC spitfire!

They both went into my room at the time. Now, they're in another room, along with other assorted random things that have been collected over the years. It's hard to find space but they have sentimental value to me.

Our last trip, we decided to play games. I played Plinko (which was way fun, simply because when I was little, I always wanted to go on Price is Right to play it ) and won a small stuffed dog. A random guy won a Smurf and gave it to my youngest daughter, which made her day. We won a few Spongebob's throughout the park and various things from the Age/Weight deal. We had our stroller full of stuffed animals. Nothing larger than your average toy, but it was fun :)

Largest thing I've EVER won playing games would have to be a 3-4 ft tall Spongebob plush. It lost it's novelty after a few months and now resides in the basement.

Sometimes "take home" prizes are not the "biggest" prize one could obtain from Kings Island.......

Last year, upon returning to the staion after my very first trip upon Diamondback, I happened to notice a tingle.

This out did the 5 foot purple poodle I won tossing softballs into a bushel basket.

remember the "game on" game show that was in the festhaus? my dad got selected and ended up winning a 32" picture in pucture television.... haha doesnt seem like much now, but in 1997 (or whenever that game ran) it was a big deal!

on a side note, that was one of the best shows ever. lots of audience participation, and very entertaining. i wish they would bring it back!