Kings island job interview questions?

Kifranatic

It's not what they ask that is so important, but how you respond. Be confident, have a conversation with the interviewer...don't stress out...Availability counts a LOT. If you need off six days out of seven all but two weeks of the summer, be not surprised if they hire someone else who can be there all summer all day every day if needed....

I was interviewed for rides a couple weeks ago and got Diamondback! Just stay calm. Be collective, and respond professional to every question. They will have you read ride spiels and put you in scenarios you will experience as a rides associate. Hopefully this helped you out a bit! Good luck and hope to see you part of the team this year!

Be glad you don't have to do this...

With no introduction, applicants are asked to play the hokey pokey. Judges, a mix of managers, supervisors, and frontline staff watch what happens. Some candidates might stand and look confused, while others will be into it.

http://www.iaapa.org/industry/funworld/2011/apr/features/HumanResources/

If I were asked to "play the hokey pokey" during a job interview, I would first look for the hidden camera, then leave.

With no introduction, applicants are asked to play the hokey pokey. Judges, a mix of managers, supervisors, and frontline staff watch what happens. Some candidates might stand and look confused, while others will be into it.

http://www.iaapa.org...HumanResources/

If I were asked to "play the hokey pokey" during a job interview, I would first look for the hidden camera, then leave.

Why?

With jobs like KI, the employees are asked to do a variety of things. How they do it, and the manner it is done, has a HUGE impact on the guest experience.

Having fun is part of the KI job. Either deal with it, or flip burgers.

Ahem! You say that as if there were something wrong with flipping burgers!

Terpy, proud of his burger flipping past, and who was once told to prepare for an interview with a tip that the following question would likely be asked without warning: "What do you do if you can't get the window open?" A fine question it was, many great answers were contemplated, but the opportunity never arose....the job, though...did!

• Like 1

Ahem! You say that as if there were something wrong with flipping burgers!

Terpy, proud of his burger flipping past, and who was once told to prepare for an interview with a tip that the following question would likely be asked without warning: "What do you do if you can't get the window open?" A fine question it was, many great answers were contemplated, but the opportunity never arose....the job, though...did!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with flipping burgers, as I did it at 16, and later when I owned my business.

The point was, there are numerous options to doing the hokey-pokey. Burgers is just one.

The organization for which I work has been known to introduce 30 job applicants to a very large white walled room with white carpeting and ceiling and no furniture, usher them in, close the door and watch to see what happens as absolutely no management induced action occurs next. Who leads? Who complains? Who sits in the floor? Who starts talking to everyone in the room trying to devise an appropriate plan and enlist a cadre to implement it (who indeed? :) )

Fortunately, these type interviews are not normally used for entry level ride op interviews....

• Like 1

You also have to draw a picture! (No, seriously you do) :unsure:

Ok, got to admit this intrigued me. Wondering what and how they are assessing this.

As others have said on the interview - be yourself, the interviewer knows what he/she is looking for and will determine if you fit. And remember, it's not a bad thing if you don't.

Ok, got to admit this intrigued me. Wondering what and how they are assessing this.

As others have said on the interview - be yourself, the interviewer knows what he/she is looking for and will determine if you fit. And remember, it's not a bad thing if you don't.

My interview was with a group of three, we all had to collectively draw one picture. I don't think I'm allowed to say what it was though.

Acting together as a group, not unlike 30 people left in a room to decide what to do.

It's not the picture that is being observed, nor necessarily the product...but the process.

Welcome aboard iBen. It's gonna be a great ride, op!

Terp, who sometimes borders on saying too much (but will soon be counting flags near his domicile...deliverance of a kind usually comes, though sometimes it takes a while)

My interview was with a group of three, we all had to collectively draw one picture. I don't think I'm allowed to say what it was though.

That's interesting. I'm not a fan of group interviews-have only done one. My interview at KI took an hour-I actually didn't talk much. We hit it off immediately, and I think most times its a matter of personalities being compatible. I enjoyed 4 years there, and didn't go back this year due to my full time job requiring more time and availability. Good luck with it-the memories and friendships you make there will last a lifetime

I firmly believe the interview process for the most recent position for which I was selected took more than 20 years. Networking, it is called. During that entire time I was being evaluated, though neither the selecting official nor the selectee knew it at the time. Again, a process being observed, if only in retrospect....Reminds me of that old saying by one of my favorite...uh....college professors..."Watch what they DO, not what they say." Modern interviewing often does that....By their acts you shall know them.

I should also add the evaluation process does not end at selection. What you do matters. On the job. And off. Facebook posts, forums, how you treat nice old ladies at the grocery store. You never know when you have an opportunity to make a good (or bad) impression.

http://www.iaapa.org/industry/funworld/2011/apr/features/HumanResources/

I read though that and it was the single dumbest thing I've ever seen for an interview process.

Then again my KI was straight forward

1. Fill out app (Back when they had a paper app)

2. Interview with person.

3. Find out what I thought would be the best fit.

4. Get placed

Of course at 16 that was really hard.

Professionally I have been though some grueling interviews. I have had enough to know when I'm not gonna be a good fit

• 5 years later...