Fridays at KI

drwill97

Early on in the season there are quite a few school trips. I know my school visits at least one a year for either science class or as an award for having good grades all year. In fact, I know that the PLTW class at my school will be visiting on the 13th (the day that you've specified).

I would recommend avoiding the areas of the park with a lot of crowds until later in the day, as this will be when you get most of your rides in. Remember that people will most likely be running for WindSeeker and Diamondback. If you will be getting there early, ride the rides in Action Zone before heading back for the stars of the show.

Yeah, and are those any good? I am going to one with my school soon and are they any good. Have you been to one of them?

I haven't been on any, but I've heard that some are just a roam around fun day, and on others you have to fill out a packet of questions.

Sure they can. That's most of the park's weekday business in May...

And not just Kings Island, but many parks'. Some places, like Camden (and Kings Island) aren't even open to the public many early season weekdays, but are packed with school groups many May/early June weekdays. Groups are a huge part of the park business.

You have to remember that individual rides have different capacities than others. Lines have very little indication on popularity. Diamondback usually has a (relatively) short line of 30-45 minutes on very busy days, while Firehawk can have a 45-60 minute wait on moderate and even light days.

Just remember that WindSeeker is the newest ride, so it will probably have long lines all day.

I wouldn't worry too much. You'll have plenty of time to take in the place and have a lot of fun. My main bit of advice though, stay late because all the groups will be leaving at around 5. Stay after 5, and you'll be given a lot of opportunities for short, short lines on some of the most popular rides.

I've never been during the day on Friday in the school year, but I've gone on several Friday nights early in the season and they are great times to go. I wouldn't think you'll have to wait more than 15-30 minutes for anything besides Invertigo, Firehawk, MAYBE Flight of Fear, and quite possibly WindSeeker (we'll see how it handles capacity once it opens). I guarantee you'll have a lot of fun.

Welcome to KIC!

Now you are dropping into quite the impossible to predict. And what ride? I bet the wait for Vortex will be less than the wait for WindSeeker, provided both are open. You are going to go regardless, right? Just go, enjoy and don't be quite so anxious!

Does it mean you're getting old when you think about going to KI, and the rides aren't the first thing on your mind? :D

I'm actually looking forward to walking around, taking pictures and checking out the pavers!