Evidence of Paramount Still Around?

Creed Bratton

What's with Action Theater?

What do you mean?

If you are talking about what is playing...it hasn't been announced. Speculation is SpongeBob again.

If you are asking why it wasn't open yesterday it's because of WindSeeker construction.

Stitch, those signs are still there! Great find! I forgot about them even though I passed them yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

Especially because the crowd present on this forum is much more likely to use that particular sequence of letters constructively and not in a derogatory way. Even the CEO's name was censored at one time... But I suppose that his presence is proof that Paramount isn't still around.

It's not blocking out Alfred's last name because of some PC stuff, it's an automated word filter meant to deter profanity. I.E. I can't call you a ____ or a ____ . The filter is automatic, it doesn't differentiate if it's part of someone's name or even a first name.

Just wanted to let you all know that I got a very nice note from one of our moderators. I feel that I myself have learned a very important lesson-I myself have been guilty in the past of laughing at another person's name because it sounds "funny" -I am determined now never to do it again as no one should have to suffer having their name silenced because it is funny especially if that person has made the world a better place.

Here's a little one. If you get in line to Invertigo for the seats closest to the control room, (to the right of the que) look at the control panel. The beads on the keychain that is plugged in the panel clearly spell out "Face Off".

Apparently Outer Hanks is a play on Outer Banks, no relation to Tom Hanks. Apparently. (I kinda believe it- what other name rhymes with Banks? But if it was a name, shouldn't there be an apostrophe in Hanks? They could borrow the one from Airbrush Tee's...)

I noticed yesterday while riding the train there was some kind of golf cart, not really sure what it was, but it is a black golf cart next to the "themeing" of the Mary Rose Inn and saloon scene across from the locomotive house that has the PKI logo on the front of it!

On The White Water Canyon Some Rafts Still Have The Logo. On Some Rides They Have The Phone Booths That Have The Logo, And On Boo Blasters Doesnt That Dude Running In Circles Kinda Remind You Of Shaggy?:P

In the lockers next to Firehawk the notice on the inside says something like " All items must be removed by the time the park closes, Paramounts Kings Island will remove any leftover articles"

Also, I stayed at Great Wolf Lodge and when I used the phone to make a wakeup call it said "Thank You for choosing GWL at Paramounts Kings Island" which I think is extra funny considering GWL is not even attached to the park at all now.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not really paramount, but on Diamondback, the ride op said, "Enjoy the rest of your day at Kings Island. Where else?"

"Where Else?" and "The Fun and Only" have been the park's tag-lines for the last year or two.

During the Paramount Era they were "The Best of Hollywood Entertainment, Now Playing" and "Where the Magic of the Movies Meets the Thrills of a Lifetime."

• 1 month later...

In the lockers next to Firehawk the notice on the inside says something like " All items must be removed by the time the park closes, Paramounts Kings Island will remove any leftover articles"

Also, I stayed at Great Wolf Lodge and when I used the phone to make a wakeup call it said "Thank You for choosing GWL at Paramounts Kings Island" which I think is extra funny considering GWL is not even attached to the park at all now.

I like sooo noticed that! When my stepmom Jenn came over with new change for the locker when I was holding it open I saw it and said Oh My Gosh! Jenn look! She saw it and said wow! and laughed. Haha... Paramount was like my childhood at Kings Island...Good times...Good times:)