Evidence of Paramount Still Around?

Creed Bratton

Guest PizzaBaby027

From working at the park, everything behind the scenes is still paramount, pay stubs, stock sheets, order sheets, everything. As long as nothing is in plain public sight then it is fine, anything in a guest sight cannot be Paramount.

Also I saw The old PKI logo on the rafts at White Water! And a couple more things I saw was In kiddie land. On The old Runaway Reptar there is still purple paint spots where they missed and on the old Danny Phantom ride the old design is still there.And One more thing I saw was on where you go out of Top Gun it still has the old stars painted on the Top Gun upstairs walkway to the SOB and under in the tunnel to get to the ride they still have the flag painted on the wall. It makes me sad that such a great Park would be given up by Paramount! Paramount made the Park sooo awesome.:)

Some of us would say that the park was awesome Long before Paramount, and remains so long afterward.

Owners change - so long as they work to improve the park, I'm happy.

I say Paramount was awesome cause I was born In 1995 so I have noooo idea how awesome the park was before. Dont get me wrong that the park was not awesome before...But Im 16 and Paramount is like my childhood

It's the truth. If you love the park so much, you should learn its history.

Agreed 100%

Never sure how many people can say they love something so much but not know anything really about it.

Dude Im sorry Im getting into this... But I just found that out from you guys. I was only 3 months old when I first came to Kings Island. And Im 16 now. As Avtar(Dont think I spelled this right but oh well) told me since I'm new I can learn new things from ya'll but you guys dont have to insult me by getting your posts in a twist(It's the nicest way I can this)

Honestly, I loved KI so much....that I joined here. Once I joined here I learned so much stuff about KI; from who owned the park from say 1979-1989. To what rides used to operate and where (Pre 1990).

This comment is so true!! I have learned so much from KIC. This makes me wish there was a like button!

Well, if you want to learn, KIC is the place to be! I would suggest reading this timeline http://www.KICentral...ry/timeline.php

You will really learn a lot about Kings Island and it's past.

Hi!Thanks a bunch! Im only 16 and I was only 3 months-old when i first came to park. and now im almost 16 so Im trying to learn much about my childhood theme park as much as possble.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Back on the topic of Paramount evidence if you look on the 2011 map at Drop Tower you can see the old sign design instead of the one that is there now and a lesser important one if you look at the gold pass parking sign it still has the Paramount stars across the top and the old gold pass design.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that as I was leaving Adventure Express about a week ago the ride operator said "Hey Adventure Express riders how was

your ride, (Blah Blah etc.) Thank You And Enjoy Your Day At Paramount's Kings Island. Next I said "Paramounts?" and they said "Oh

sorry enjoy your day at Cedar Fairs Kings Island"

Indeed. The first 23 years of my career, I worked for Department A. Then for 7 years, I was in B. It took quite some time to quit answering with A. Now, I'm back to A again. It seems the ONLY time I slip up and answer the phone with the wrong department is when my boss is calling!

I wonder if Mr. Kinzel has heard a ride op refer to Paramount's Kings Island. I wonder what his reaction would be! Worse, I wonder what would happen if a CBS or VIACOM exec heard it? Cedar Fair could have paid to use the Paramount name for up to 10 years, but CHOSE not to.