Evidence of Paramount Still Around?

Creed Bratton

This post is bringing back more memories that I had anticipated. As for evidence of Paramount still around, most of the internal paperwork we use still has the Paramount logos on them...they will be used until they run out and newly "re-logo'd" paperwork is printed. Several accounts from vendors and the like all continue using the PKI name. I believe it was mentioned that the payroll checks still say Paramount - this is an example of another institution having yet to change the name in their system. And in regard to CBS taking over, this is the reason I quit working for PKI in the late 90's. I felt that their efforts were non futile to the success of the park. I no longer wanted to be a part of it. It was, however, very exciting when I first started working there in 1995, but I watched each sub sequent year lacking in areas of guest relations, attraction placement, shows, etc. I believe I share similar opinions about where the park is now with others who have fond memories before the PKI days. It is my opinion that CF has demonstrated great efforts in revitalizing the earlier park we knew (as best they can given the market they now target). I don't believe it will ever "feel" like it did when I was a kid having visited for the first time in 1983...and I'm sure several who visited before me will say the same. It is what it is and "it" is still a beautiful park! JMO

Edited by jandyb79

This is very suprising, considering that it is almost the end of the fourth FULL year that Cedar Fair has owned the former Paramount Parks. Actually, when I renewed my pass this year, my bank statement read "PARAMOUNT'S Kings Island". I think that the parks automated phone system still said "Thank you for calling Paramount's Kings Island" on some of the menus as recent as last season.

This brings me to another question, I wonder if the original old english style logo is present anywhere within the park. (No, I am not referring the the new "vintage" gear they have in the shops. ;) ), or was Paramount very adequate in removing all traces of the logo. The ironic thing is; it seems as though Cedar Fair likes to refrain from referencing the era between 1993 and 2006, yet they are so lenient on removing the logo..

By the way, the cover-up stickers on WWC are starting to peal off. :rolleyes:

1. I think the credit card thing is more difficult to change, since it's not totally controlled by the park.

2. The original logo? Yes. Not where guests can see it, but yes.

3. The PKI phone menu only showed up when you "broke" the real phone menu ("Thank you for calling Kings Island and including us in your vacation and entertainment plans...") and got into what supposedly the phone menu for the park's internal phone system. (Try calling the park's public phone number and pressing *...)

3. Paychecks don't say Paramount Parks anymore. They've said Kings Island since at least 2010, but direct deposit didn't say Kings Island until this year.

This brings me to another question, I wonder if the original old english style logo is present anywhere within the park. (No, I am not referring the the new "vintage" gear they have in the shops. ;) ), or was Paramount very adequate in removing all traces of the logo. The ironic thing is; it seems as though Cedar Fair likes to refrain from referencing the era between 1993 and 2006, yet they are so lenient on removing the logo..

The logo you are referring to was used up until around 08 in the flower bed just in front of the former Paramount Story area (adjacent to the Eiffel Tower). It wasn't a mistake that it was planted to resemble that early logo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen retro style logos on souvenir t's and sweatshirts on I-Street this season. Interesting factoid, if it hasn't been mentioned anywhere before - the old marque that was blown over in that wind storm back in 04 had traces of the old logo just behind the Paramount logo. Even though it had been painted over in white, If you stood close enough the outline of the logo and the portholes from the lighting system were still visible.

~Josh

• 4 weeks later...

Check the picture of Flight of Fear. It is the old OTR system.

Yes, and BLSC pictures sitll have the original water effects in them. It bothers me everytime I go to the website. But, the worst thing of all is that I believe in the history of the Crypt, they say "one of the most popular rides at Kings Island" and "a favorite of park guests". :P

Fine. Would you be willing to pay twice as much (or more) for admission, season passes, etc.? Viacom owns the Paramount intellectual property. It saw how much Cedar Fair paid CBS for Paramount Parks (which Viacom had owned but allowed CBS to have when Viacom split off CBS)....

buzz_killington_191x300_So_troll-s191x300-152037-535.jpg

-Andy. Who Just Had To...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Yep. Just don't get too used to that. The day will come when that no longer works.

I read this as don't get too used to me letting you slide on asking the infamous "anyone" question. Keep 'em guessing!

Watching you toy with with the uninitiated is very entertaining.

I still use the old KIC BB page....Erm back to topic, if you look at the Surfside Supplies store, they have a Mic Dundee sign still up. Also still in the SS, behind the old hanging wall items (A few, they are probably all gone now), there are "Paramount Parks" barcodes on them.