New Kings Island TV Commerical

KILateNighter

Oh Lord, what will happen when people here spot that 1 second POV of Son of Beast? At least it didn't have the loop... Imagine the firestorm after that!

Overall, not as catchy as the more "dramatic, darker" Ride Warrior commercials from the Diamondback era, and not as catchy as the "Fun & Only" commercials... Just my opinion!

This is why Kings Island (now) fails at making commercials:

• They never use roller coaster from KI. I counted several coasters from other parks.
  • Terrible slogan. 'BRED TO SHRED'? What, are they trying to get more teens in the park? How about families? Fun and Only sounds better now!

I honestly really really like it. Call me crazy for actually supporting the park!

I understand and agree with your growing frustration towards people putting the park down. But speaking for no one but myself, saying I don't enjoy this commercial as much as I have past ones by no means should be read as me not supporting the park.

EDIT: To clarify, I just don't think that this commercial is as catchy or interesting as the past ones. It doesn't have the instantly catchy hook from the Fun & Only commercials, and lacks the intensity of the Diamondback Ride Warrior ones.

Why can't they just have a commercial showing the highlights of the park?

Why I LOVE Holiday World is the commercials for it are funny, and actually show whats at the park.

That is an owner who takes pride in her park and about cleanliness. When was the last time if ever Kinzel appeared in a CP ad, or ever talk about how clean the park is?

Allow me to count the problems I have with this commercial...

• Bred to shred sounds like either a slogan for a skateboard or a paper shredder.
  • The rap is cheesy, to say the least.
  • Most of the CGI animations are for coasters at other parks.
  • The rap is really, really cheesy. I almost seems like they tried to make it cheesy.
  • Son of Beast, the ride which the park is (seemingly) trying to make the general public forget about, is featured in it.
  • Did I mention the rap is cheesy?
  • The kid at :05 can apparentl shoot a CGI WindSeeker out of his knuckle.
  • Finally, the rap is exponentially cheesier than the entire 'Fun and Only' idea.

Oh, and also, the rap is cheesy.

This new KI TV commercial makes me want to hasten to where my wallet lies, make sure there is $15 for a parking spot within its pouch as well as $51.99 for admission to the park for a day and speed on over to Mason, Ohio..........NOT!!!!

Guest rcfreak339

Why can't they just have a commercial showing the highlights of the park?

Why I LOVE Holiday World is the commercials for it are funny, and actually show whats at the park.

Is this commercial supporting child labor? Dude, thats screwed up.

But Holiday World wins.

^^Disney and countless other corporations do it everyday.

But they produce multi-million dollar works that people enjoy... In other words, perhaps they do that, but they succeed.

It's too bad that Cedar Fair (and others) won't listen to the young people who are telling them exactly what they want. Why not use Twitter, Facebook, blogs, or any of the countless other social networking sites that parks insist on running all at once (to the benefit of none) to take note of what's hip? If they'd asked, "What should be in the 2011 Kings Island commercial," people would've answered... And I don't think any combination of their answers could've developed into the commercial we see before us without a serious miscommunication occurring.

Again, it's not deplorable or awful. But it's yet another commercial by Cedar Fair that seems to have a blurry target audience, a lack of a 'hook,' and a serious lack of any real information... Eh, to each his own. Hopefully this does its job. And if it doesn't, they'll change it next season... or not.

GYK, who thinks people might be more impressed by the statistics of WindSeeker, immensity of the Dino Park, high-quality food, reminders about Planet Snoopy and Boo Blasters, and flashbacks to Diamondback than these commercial makers seem to think...

I could care less about what rides are in the commercial but the commercial overall is LAME. Bred to shred? Seriously?

BTW, stop over analyzing the SOB segment.

So you DO care about what rides are in the commercial...at least a little, perhaps almost as much as you could:

caring.png

http://incompetech.c.../care_less.html

Terp, on a caring crusade