New Kings Island TV Commerical

KILateNighter

(The other local colloquialism that drives me nuts is "I don't care to." Nearly anywhere else in the country, ask Ms. Parsley if she wants to pick poseys. If she says "I don't care to," that would mean, "No, I don't really want to." Around here, it usually means "Don't mind if I do, but it's up to you" but not always...)

Ride on! (or something...the best in Terpywood Entertainment, Now Playing!)

^ Post of the day. Seriously, Mr. Six made me think of a Pedophile (I work with them, not that he reminds me of a specific one though) and just made me think, "ew, I wouldn't want my kid around him."

As far as CF advertising, Kinzel thought Blackberries were play things and I've read here that employees were told not to use them. That's his grasp on American culture, as out of touch with reality as some of these adds. I've also heard that said misinterpreted reality is forced on the company through micromanaging and well, what sounds like bullying.

Only took one reply before the SOB entered the thread, this should be a game. Like the quiet game, how long can a thread go before SOB enters.

Yes, but that first post (my post, by the way), meant it as a "let's see how long until Son of Beast is brought up because it was in this for 2 seconds..." Not unlike your own. It wasn't me going "ZOMG Son of Beast." We have yet to have anyone in this thread claim that it was featured as a hint to its reopening... But maybe that's because members who are in the group "banned" are not permitted to post...

Only took one reply before the SOB entered the thread, this should be a game. Like the quiet game, how long can a thread go before SOB enters.

Yes, but that first post (my post, by the way), meant it as a "let's see how long until Son of Beast is brought up because it was in this for 2 seconds..."

Yeah, so let's not stir the pot and enjoy the topic.

Personally, I found the Mr. Six commercials pretty funny and if anything they were memorable and got attention. So much so, Robot Chicken (as mentioned) did a parody. Albeit it's pretty gruesome, but it shows that the figure was recognizable enough to be parodied on a cable T.V. show.

This latest KI commercial, it's pretty cheesy. Kids break dancing and rapping about roller coasters? Come on.

However, it's just a commercial meant to appeal to pre-teens, it's got a catchy jingle and I'm sure the ad agency knows what they're doing.

BTW, I've seen lots of KI ads on tv lately, particularly during Reds games. I've never seen this one on television, but each season they do offer a wide variety. I'm sure they're advertising towards various demographics.

I'd be interested to see if they do anymore bus wrap advertising. Haven't seen any yet while working downtown.

...and I'm sure the ad agency knows what they're doing.

If it's the same ad agency that Hardee's uses I woulddn't be so sure. Has Hardee's EVER had a good commercial...it's like they strive to top themselves by making an even worse commercial than the previous one. :D

I'm sure many men and a few ladies have enjoyed Hardees commercials, Miss Turkey anyone? That said they didn't really promote the burger.

Imagine a world where a Kings Island commercial shows Helbig out greeting guests with a huge smile and telling them to have a great day at Kings Island! Oh wait, I think I must have

been dreaming! Or maybe a parallel nightmare! That'll never happen, obviously!

I definitely MISS the old Kings Island commercials about The Beast, The Bat, and Vortex. Something mysterious and exciting. They made me long to be there! The new one that is

currently running is over the top lame! Kings Island, The One and Only? Seriously? The one and only WHAT? Every other Cedar Fair park says THEY are the one and only, too!

They should have done some animated story about WindSeeker, if they really wanted to promote that! They could have done some high graphic deal involving Diamondback, Beast,

and some other coasters, and made them look extremely exciting! Or they could make something that harps hard on the fact that they've won best kids area for the last 10 years.

At the very least, showing Son of Beast as an operating coaster is almost insulting. Like rubbing salt in the wounds of those who would like to ride it. I don't know what the

marketing people were thinking by allowing clips of an SBNO coaster to be in their advertising. Pretty sad!

Kings Island, The One and Only? The one and only WHAT? Every other Cedar Fair park says THEY are the one and only, too!

gQswE.png

;)

Did I stutter? I meant to say "one" and not "fun"

;)

btw, it's cool if you support the park. It's just that....

....ich bin ein Dollywooder!

...I don't know what the marketing people were thinking by allowing clips of an SBNO coaster to be in their advertising. Pretty sad!

Perhaps they were thinking the day will come (and it will) when that coaster will no longer be "standing but not operating." That along with only fanbois and fangurls would even notice that it's in there...and it would annoy said fans...and make them talk about the ad...thus achieving, at least in part, one of the ad's many porpoises...

Terp...student of....uh...stuff

Kings Island, The One and Only? The one and only WHAT? Every other Cedar Fair park says THEY are the one and only, too!

gQswE.png

;)

Did I stutter? I meant to say "one" and not "fun"

;)

btw, it's cool if you support the park. It's just that....

....ich bin ein Dollywooder!

Well, the parks claim to be "The Fun and Only" not "The One and Only". Oh, and to answer your question, how many Kings Islands are there? Oh, what's that you say?...one? So....there's one and only Kings Island? So you could accurately say Kings Island, the one and only? Or even more accurately, The Fun and Only?

I don't know if anyone has seen the other two TV commercials yet, as I can't find anything posted about them. Anyways, there are two new "Fun and Only" season pass commercials, which I think are MUCH better than last years, and are actually nicely done. I couldn't find them on YouTube, but if you go to http://www.fox19.com...redirected=true, and look to the right of the WindSeeker cam, you can see the other two commercials. Also, except for one clip in each version, these adverts stay in line with the park's actual attractions.

I don't know if anyone has seen the other two TV commercials yet, as I can't find anything posted about them. Anyways, there are two new "Fun and Only" season pass commercials, which I think are MUCH better than last years, and are actually nicely done. I couldn't find them on YouTube, but if you go to http://www.fox19.com...redirected=true, and look to the right of the WindSeeker cam, you can see the other two commercials.

Wow! You're right! All the roller coasters are from Kings Island...I think! The singing is much better too. Still a little to happy and cute for my taste!

When did KI get a B&M Invert? No, not really. I can't just figure out why the use clips from other CF parks?

I think its time to FIRE the marketing department.........

I'd like to see you pay for a commercial shoot. In reality there just isn't the money for them to shoot video; of every Cedar Fair coaster, at every Cedar Fair park. I swear you guys complain to much.

When did KI get a B&M Invert? No, not really. I can't just figure out why the use clips from other CF parks?

I think its time to FIRE the marketing department.........

I'd like to see you pay for a commercial shoot. In reality there just isn't the money for them to shoot video; of every Cedar Fair coaster, at every Cedar Fair park. I swear you guys complain to much.

Nobody says "I was gonna pay for a commercial shoot ( If I owned KI, and I don't) I would pay for a better one than this?

Plus there is plenty of footage, already on file of "THE ACTUAL" rides of Kings Island. I'm sure somewhere out there.

THANK YOU

^ Why pay for multiple commercials? When half the time the GP could care less. Most of you are making a huge deal about nothing.

EDIT: Prove most films of Kings Island rides are on file. The park may not be even able to use old shoots due to Paramount references. You and I both aren't qualified to make such accusations.

^ Why pay for multiple commercials? When half the time the GP could care less. Most of you are making a huge deal about nothing.

I am really not making a BIG deal of this? It was just my own opinion of the subject at hand. This subject is up for discussion, since this is a FORUM, that is what I am doing.

Don't read too much in to it please...OK?