Fear of the rides

jlopez

We go to pki every year, last year we decides to take my cousin. He is 11 years old and this was his first time even seeing a rollercoaster...well we got him on AE then we got on racer, well when we started going up the hill I thought he was going to have a panic attack he was freakin out so much, well by the end of the ride he said "that was awsome", he liked it buthe wont try anything thing new that is the only two rollercoasters he will get on (besides in NC and HB) I cant convine him to get on anything else.

Does anyone have any advice for me so I can convince him to get on some of the others? because I know he would love them if he tried . PLEASE...it would be greatly appriciated.

I want him to be a pki fan just like me.

ohmy.gif When I first started getting used to roller coasters I found it best just to not look at the structure and how high the track went.

-Fear is fun...

Dont let it get to you though if he dosent want to ride them now...

Maybe later.

Also you might try getting him to ride the FoF. The structure is enclosed so you really can only see the train taking off.

Tell him that this is a ride that just shoots you into a dark tunnel and then turns around in a circle. He might not buy it but it worked for my cousin when we first took him. laugh.gif

I went with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece to King's Island when my niece was first starting to ride coasters. We got her on Scooby's Ghoster Coaster, and Top Cat's Taxi Jam with no problems. We talked her into walking down the path to look at Top Gun. Well, as you know, you are in line pretty far before you can see everything. Anyway, at that point, we told her that it was too late to get out of line and now we had to ride it. She didn't really put up much of a fight and wound up loving it. Two years ago, she was riding the Hulk and last year was her first trip to CP and she rode everyting except TTD (it was closed).