Kings Island Opens Saturday! "American Country" to Debut!

For some people, their birthday is their favorite day of the year. Mothers may choose Mothers' Day, patriotic people may say the 4th of July, and others would say Christmas. Here at KICentral, the best day of the year is Kings Island's long-awaited opening day!

The wait is nearly over as Kings Island finally opens its gates for the 2011 season on Saturday, April 30th!* If you haven't purchased your season pass yet, what are you waiting for?!? Now you can renew your pass online and skip the lines entirely! Follow the link below to purchase your 2011 season pass and have a full summer of family fun including Kings Island's famous Halloween Haunt! Purchase early and get special Gold Pass benefits and FREE parking for the entire 2011 season!!

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/goldpass/index.cfm

WindSeeker, Kings Island's new 301' ride, will not be ready to start the season on April 30th, but that doesn't mean that there's nothing new and exciting to see at Kings Island this Saturday! Kings Island's Entertainment Department will debut a brand new country show in the Festhaus entitled, "American Country." This new show will celebrate the past 20 years of country music and will feature the music of Faith Hill, Lady Antebellum, Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood and more!! This show was produced in-house, not unlike the very popular "Down Home Country," "Hot Blooded," and "County Line." If the future reflects the past, this will be another wonderful hit that can be enjoyed by young and old, country fan and non-fan.

1:30; 2:30; 3:30; 5:00; 6:00

*Kings Island is closed Sunday, May 1st

^It's really no different than when they held the ice show in there, or the Cheers show, or the game show, or the Christmas shows...

What gets me is that there's no longer any German food there... only Italian and Chinese!

if you can call it that...dry.gif

Am I the only one irritated by their choice to place an American country themed show in an area intended to hosts German attractions only?

Likely, yes. Most people don't even think twice about it.

What would a German-themed show look like 2011? A tribute to the work of David Hasselhoff? A live action musical version of Inglorious Basterds? Or God help us, Polka music?

I'm all about theming, trust me, but I also don't want to overlook the talent and hard work that goes into the productions that at the park while focusing on what could be better. I think they should renovate all of International Street and Oktoberfest and make it something more relevant to our current culture. I'd prefer that than making everything in the area fit in the German-theme as I don't think I'd relate to it much (even though I've often said I have German blood in me. :::pauses:::: German Sheppard. :::looks around:::: Anyone? Anyone? Is this thing on?

On a side note, don't forget that popular "Way Too Much TV" will also return to the Festhaus on June 3rd.

Am I the only one irritated by their choice to place an American country themed show in an area intended to hosts German attractions only?

Likely, yes. Most people don't even think twice about it.

What would a German-themed show look like 2011? A tribute to the work of David Hasselhoff? A live action musical version of Inglorious Basterds? Or God help us, Polka music?...

AHEM!

You say that as if there were something wrong with Polka as entertainment!

Roll out the barrel....

I liked the show overall, but I thought the video interview things could certainly be removed, and the 9/11 segment seemed really awkward for an upbeat show at an amusement park. I did think the music was pretty good, which is a huge compliment considering that I hate country music. :)

I liked the show overall, but I thought the video interview things could certainly be removed, and the 9/11 segment seemed really awkward for an upbeat show at an amusement park. I did think the music was pretty good, which is a huge compliment considering that I hate country music. :)

Hmmmm... I felt quite upbeat and inspired by the celebration of America. I also think the videos fit together nicely around the theme that America is Country and Country is America. I also realize that I'm not the target audience and that most people will only see the show once so the video clips will not feel repetitive. I think its one of the best things Entertainment has done.

I can't remember, did they ever say who the people in the video clips actually were? I know from reading here, but I think a lot of guests might wonder who they are. A introduction to the people in the clips might help. They might have had one and I just forgot, though. I did like that they added a common theme to the show. :)

I can't remember, did they ever say who the people in the video clips actually were? I know from reading here, but I think a lot of guests might wonder who they are. A introduction to the people in the clips might help. They might have had one and I just forgot, though. I did like that they added a common theme to the show. :)

They're just Americans. They had their first names listed the first time they're on screen but really I think they were just supposed to represent a cross-section of Americans talking about country music and American culture. I thought it was cool because it was different.