Gold Season Pass Holders (((BRING-A-FRIEND for $9.99))) Days Are Back for 2011

selective

Sunday May 8th

park will open at 10am and close early at 8pm

also Boomerang Bay and Dinosaurs Alive will not be open yet

Sunday June 19th

park will open at 10am and close at 10pm

Note: As always, the gold pass holder must buy the ticket at the park and show their gold pass at the time of purchase.

If you have no one to take, then do a random act of kindness and volunteer to take someone less fortunate. Offer to take a homeless person, anyone you see holding a cardboard sign saying they are living in their car, or even check with various organizations that are intended to help people.

Typically, it is not, particularly in May. Most families want to spend Mother's Day with Mom somewhere other than an amusement park. Those people are different from many of the posters here...

Terp, old enough to remember spending some Easter Sundays at Kings Island, Great Adventure or even Wild Adventures

Actually, this might make for a nice mother's day for my wife, daughter and I but... I don't want to ditch out on my or my wife's mom.

Hmm. One more think to make buying admission for my wife even more confusing this year. It's really becoming a pain actually. Kinda makes me want to just go to Holiday World instead. We already have season passes and tend to have more fun there. Actually, instead of a pass I'm leaning toward pay once visit twice and just not go to KI much this year. Then again, KI is really shaping up with all the renovations and additions. IDK. I don't have to pack a cooler and eat in the parking lot at HW either. Hmmm, puzzled Gibson saying goodbye to this thread :wacko:

Kinda makes me want to just go to Holiday World instead. We already have season passes and tend to have more fun there.

When a long time member of this site makes a statement like this it makes me sad. I say this because I trust your opinion and I wonder what it is that Holiday World is doing that much better to make you feel that way...I hate to see the park I love being surpassed.

In the end though I hope it makes Kings Island try harder. :)

(I really have to make it to Holiday World!)

Honestly, they care about me. I've had Pat Koch help me personally when she saw we weren't sure what to do with our Radio Flyer when we were getting on the tram. She took it into an office for us while we boarded. At the last HWN, she was sweeping the main midway after dark! I go there and have no worries or need to leave. I feel good about spending money there. It is a family environment and the park that has become my families home park. I can go there and know that I have no worries. At CF parks, I kinda feel like I'm watching my back. It's like I'm trying to find ways to rip them off so they don;t rip me off. It kinda spoils the mood a bit, Now, if I'm just going to marathon rides, no problems. But when I'm looking for that complete package (for my family, not my coaster buddies), HW beats em every time. KI may have the best kiddies area but my daughter 2 1/2 always asks about Holiday World and if we are going to see Snoopy. She never talks about KI specifically. She has been to both an equal ammount of times and we created nearly identical photo books (at Meijer) for each trip. She see's the KI one most often. I think she likes Holiday World better because mom and dad are having more fun. There's also not a lot of rides at KI that we can ride with her.

To contrast. I feel like Cedar Fair...actually, I feel like Dick Kinzel is trying to take advantage of me. It seems pretty obvious that all he really cares about is his fortune and stature and I see him killing the heart of the company. An amusement park should be a job where you work your tail off because you are a valued employee because everyone is visiting to have the time of their life. Dick says, you gotta eat. I say, I gotta have a nice experience eating and that has not involved spending money in your parks sir. I tried games and coffee at KD, wanting to spend money because opening day was dead and Ifelt like I should have paid more for the experience. The rasta banana I won for my daughter was made so cheeply that she is scared of it. The eyes were sewn on crooked. Then I bought a coffe, $4 for a cheap coffee. Not too bad in that environment but, only powdered creamer. Little things like that have added up for me. A salad of over ripe vegetables at the one restaurant I like in a CF park (the sports bar under Raptor).

Now, some kudos to CF and KI. The parks are looking phenomenal. I love the recent additions. I feel like they are finally listening to their customers and giving us what we want for our parks. I LOVE KI and it gets better every year, Firehawk, DB, Rivertown revamp, Coney Mall revamp, WindSeeker (eventually). It just alwyas feels like some big corporation trying to pull one over on me.

At the end of the day, I will always be a huge KI fan and I guarantee every one of the 600 kids I work with know that :lol: It's just a good place run by someone(s) with poor character...

Wonder if this post stays... Sorry mods!

EDIT: in the best interest of the longevity of the post :lol:

^ Boy, that is one nice post. There is nothing I can say that could come close to say how I feel after reading it. You paint such a nice quaint picture of Holiday World it makes jealous.

I would hope not only that your post remains, but some of the higher ups at the park see it. It is a well written post that should be taken seriously.

Thank you for taking the time to write it. :)

P.S. I saved a copy in case it is deleted.

I worte that post as a rant. No for though... very little editing. It's simply that important to me.

After I was done, I decided to forward it to Pat and Paula over at Holiday World (I'll do that tonight). I've told them and Will :( similar things before but... I give credit where it is due.

I do wish some of the higher ups at KI and CF would see it. I am a fan of their parks and support them or at least the position they hold. I reward those who treat me and others well.

I would love to be a fly (who can process human language) following Mr. Kinzel around the park...particularly today if he runs into certain poster here who spoke last night of wanting to talk to him.

Offer to take a homeless person, anyone you see holding a cardboard sign....

dirty_hobo.jpg

Ride Warrior!!!!!

And think of the backed up lines at the gate due to the extra time to search those shopping carts...this is not one of Ryan's better ideas. :P

BavarianBeatle, the pic is a stereotype usually assumed by those consumed by greed of money. Homeless people do not look like this. They are not in the position they are in because of alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, or mental problems. IN FACT they are homeless because they simply have no money! I've seen lots of hot looking females in their early twenties holding cardboard signs saying they are living in their car. FACE IT, if you had a million dollars to pay for a home in full, up front and in cash, it would still eventually be taken from you because the cities in which we live claim all property on which all homes are built actually belong to the cities and since all homes have pipes for water, sewage, and electrical lines, phone lines, and even sidewalks, and trash collectors......... the city will always own your home (even if you bought it and have it paid off), and the city will insist you pay property tax on it twice every year till you can no long keep paying them at which time your ass will be out on the street!

standbyme, that was a terrible joke...

I suggest everyone learn about money and how it really works before they make it the center of their world.

Also, eating is an option! People DON'T HAVE TO EAT while at the park! Not in a 12 hour time frame! They can eat before and after at much cheaper places!

At least you realize it was meant as a joke. I knew when I posted it I was risking offending someone...sorry.

I do have sympathy for the homeless people who have no choice in the matter...at tax time every year I only donate money to 3 causes, helping the homeless, conserving wildlife and fighting child abuse.

Once again...I am sorry that I offended you.

I suggest everyone learn about money and how it really works...

funny, you were the one who wanted Kings Island to invest in giant signs that let you know that the smaller signs weren't lying by saying you must have a handstamp to re-enter the park.

I wonder what you might learn if you google stats on the factual reasons for homelessness.

Mental illness may just factor in. Just sayin

BTW, many homeless people do look like that. I worked for Fort Wayne parks dept and can think of several here alone... thought one is grey. Again, just sayin

I have only ever been criticized for being to compassionate for the poor and I thought Standbyme's joke was hilarious, borderline and very risky but good. I also took it in context cuz I kinda know his character.

A very good friend of ours has a homeless uncle here in town. The family does everything they can to try and help him and he is VET which makes it worse to many. He turns down all of their help, including free room and board. He has a mental illness and feels that if he stays in one place the "bad" people will find him. He is a nice man and I do not think I have ever seen him in a pair or shoes. Just him, a bicycle and a dog or two.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Offer to take a homeless person, anyone you see holding a cardboard sign....

dirty_hobo.jpg

Ride Warrior!!!!!

And think of the backed up lines at the gate due to the extra time to search those shopping carts...this is not one of Ryan's better ideas. tongue.gif

BavarianBeatle, the pic is a stereotype usually assumed by those consumed by greed of money. Homeless people do not look like this. They are not in the position they are in because of alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, or mental problems. IN FACT they are homeless because they simply have no money! I've seen lots of hot looking females in their early twenties holding cardboard signs saying they are living in their car. FACE IT, if you had a million dollars to pay for a home in full, up front and in cash, it would still eventually be taken from you because the cities in which we live claim all property on which all homes are built actually belong to the cities and since all homes have pipes for water, sewage, and electrical lines, phone lines, and even sidewalks, and trash collectors......... the city will always own your home (even if you bought it and have it paid off), and the city will insist you pay property tax on it twice every year till you can no long keep paying them at which time your ass will be out on the street!

I suggest everyone learn about money and how it really works before they make it the center of their world.

Also, eating is an option! People DON'T HAVE TO EAT while at the park! Not in a 12 hour time frame! They can eat before and after at much cheaper places!

Nope! That my good sir is a crack head!!! LMFAO :lol:

not a stereotype just the facts. :D