Kings Island's Biggest Hidden Secret

Many would say that Kings Island's live entertainment is its biggest hidden secret, and if you have checked out any of the shows in the past several years you can see why.

KICentral was given the opportunity to preview the three shows opening with this park on April 30th. "American Country" continues the successful trend of country music-themed shows that have entertained thousands of guests in the Festhaus. This roughly half-hour show celebrates the past 20 years of country music in the United States as well as a wonderful tribute to the patriotism shown by the American people in the period following 9/11. This show stands tall with all of the other legacy shows at Kings Island and throws the viewer on a ride that is unmatched by any roller coaster of wood or steel. It also includes video cameos by several Kings Island employees and a couple of guys from EnterTRAINment Junction about what country music means to them and how they were affected by 9/11. This is a must-see show this season!

Times: 1:30; 2:30; 3:30; 5:00; 6:00

Secondly, Charlie Brown's Pirate Adventure will debut in the Peanuts Playhouse. This is an interactive pirate-themed kid-oriented show that features Charlie Brown and the gang. If you're lucky, you might even be chosen to help swab the poop deck!

Times: 12:30; 2:00; 3:00; 4:00

Last but not least, Peanuts Party in the Plaza will delight Peanuts fans- young and old alike! This is an opportunity to meet some of your favorite Peanuts characters, but not before a very elaborate song and dance number by the characters and some of their human friends. This is a most elaborate show for children and also should not be missed!!

For photos of these shows, check out the link below:

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0

Also, I want to give a shout out to our friends at Fans Of Kings Island Entertainment. It's an excellent source live show reviews and inside information. Definitely worth checking out!!

www.fansofKIentertainment.com

• 1 month later...

I agree with the Fans of Kings Island Entertainment website is totally awesome. I get most of my information there. Kirk does a great job with his reviews and articles. His end of season column from last year had me a little teary...it is well worth a look see. Kirk has some wonderful inside information that is posted as well!!!

I do totally agree about the shows!! They are all excellent - well the ones we have seen so far this year. Brian Carlucci, Jeremy Braley and Haylee Dobkins, among others just as amazing, do an amazing job with their singing in American Country....Peanuts Party in the Plaza has children and adults alike out there dancing and just having a party at the Bandstand....Way Too Much TV is a wonderful journey into the past and gives the younger generation a peek into it! We also caught Signed, Sealed and Delivered and found it was better than last year.

We used to go to the park and decide which ride we would do first and now I find myself checking out the show schedules and planning my trips around them!! Guess you can call me a Kings Island Entertainment junkie lol. They are really just that good!!! Where else can you go and see all of that talent for the price of an admission to the park??

I have heard mixed reviews about the Dinosaurs exhibit. If you go into it for what it is you will enjoy it. Everything is set in a beautiful park like stroll. The animals are into the woods just enough so that it feels like you are coming across them in nature. Each Dinosaur has an information board with several being interactive so that children/adults alike can control the dinosaur. I am NOT a major Dinosaur fan but I did totally enjoy this path. To me Kings Island is growing and giving visitors a great diveristy of things to do. Educational, thrill rides, and awesome shows seems to me like Kings Island is reaching out to give everyone a wonderful experience for their money.

I agree with the Fans of Kings Island Entertainment website is totally awesome. I get most of my information there. Kirk does a great job with his reviews and articles. His end of season column from last year had me a little teary...it is well worth a look see. Kirk has some wonderful inside information that is posted as well!!!

Karen, you are too kind! Seeya soon I'm sure . . .

I haven't seen SSD yet this year as it appears to be dark on Tuesdays. How does it compare to last year's? New selections? Did they get rid of The Motown Song as the theme song, because, despite its name, it is not a Motown song? I saw this 10+ times last year and enjoyed every one.

I haven't seen SSD yet this year as it appears to be dark on Tuesdays. How does it compare to last year's? New selections? Did they get rid of The Motown Song as the theme song, because, despite its name, it is not a Motown song? I saw this 10+ times last year and enjoyed every one.

SSD is improved this year due to new choreography and a more soulful cast. The song selections are the same and while you can argue that the song "Motown" isn't a "Motown song" it did feature the Temptations, which were a Motown artist. Besides, don't you remember the line in the show where we're told that Motown is "more than a label?" :-)

Reports are that they played to crowds over 1,000 all day yesterday. So glad people are checking out the live entertainment more than ever before!

Reports are that they played to crowds over 1,000 all day yesterday. So glad people are checking out the live entertainment more than ever before!

It had some large crowds yesterday. We watched the last showing of Hot Summer Nights and it had a large audience as well. Including some higher ups watching crowd reactions.