Way to start the day.

Dieseltech20

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still the same old music here. Beast may be down all day. No Red Racer, Blue just sent an empty train. No Zypher. Vortex has a train sitting on the lift.

That train has been sitting for nearly a month.

Edit: That's what I get for trying to watch The Office at the same time as type...

Edited by Hendrick

I always tell my friends to not go on opening day. Last year, Backlot, Flight of Fear, The Beast, Invertigo, and Drop Zone were closed most of the day, as I recall.

Is it simply because of the new operators using the rides and the lack of "dress rehearsal" days like Paramount used to have? I imagine that waking up all of that technology and subjecting it to patrons for the first time in months is also a factor...

Well im glad to see im not alone with my bad luck. I was in line for The Beast when it went down so I went to the Crypt and while i was getting ready to ride it it went dow. Hopefully some of these issues get fixed soon cause I just saw about five school buses pull in and everything is already super p

acked.

We were in line for beast as well when it stopped. The lines for the open rides are worse than haunt. Diamondback went down, so we left the park. People are pouring into the park still.

Gonna watch a movie then go back to see what is going on. If still a mess we are gonna leave for our 2 plus hour drive home.

As it stands now, stay away from Kings Island today.

I would like to thank (crazy user name that I've spent too much time trying to figure out) for making me feel better about not being able to go. I'm still sad to not be there.

Sorry for rocky operations and I hope the trip gets better. When I go to opening days though, I expect big crowds and plan on focusing on just enjoying the park atmosphere and my friends. I don't expect to get a lot of rides in.

Reflecting now... I'm talking about CF parks and I fully expect major downtime on multiple rides. Should that be?

Crypt Que is definately improved but, won't give anything away, Sorry GYK.....

The actual ride cycle is changed and seems tamer than last year. There were no "flips", just large inverted circles. We went early on so maybe it will change as it warms up.

The lines were crazy long!!! Gold pass lot was full at Noon.

Scroll on the sign outside detectors said "Rides closed today, Vortex, WindSeeker, Action Theater"

When Slingshot breaks down I decided I was done and to cut my loses. OK that was not the only reason, mostly the 2.5 hr lines at least on everything and also I think everything besides the train broke down at some point today. I know that I waited a little over 1 hour in the Diamondback single rider line. All of this on top of the rides that were not open and Music in the Park day made this extremely busy and a little hectic. No hard feelings but I am really not for sure that Kings Island expected so many people being there today. I'll be back in a few weeks to try out WindSeeker (hopefully next Sat if it is open). A day like today makes me glad that I have a Gold Pass; but at least I had 3 laps on Diamondback and some nice walking.