Kings Island: What's New?

Coney Islander

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Taters, did the price of Rivertown's french fried spuds go up? I don't remember them being over 6 dollars last year. I think I saw $6.29 on the sign.

Gotta say they're proud of those fries.

Did anyone check out the lazer tag thing?

At the risk of people paying for this and being upset that it's not what they thought, I should point out that people here have hypothesized that it is not laser tag, but a laser navigation maze.

5309956140_7fce3c2fa1.jpg

laser navigation

Admittedly, that does sound like it would be about right for an attraction called "The Vault." Like a spy, thief-themed attraction where you have to sneak past the security lasers into a vault, right? I haven't been in it, and I haven't read anyone else here say they have, but someone mentioned another Cedar Fair park building something like it last season.

You can find a laser attraction of this type in the ADVENTURE exhibit at COSI Science Center in Columbus. There, in trying to master the adventurer's skill of perseverance, you must climb through the "fiery beams" emitted by the ancient spirit Skorn - make it through and you recieve her part of an ancient code. For anyone who like Tomb Raider: The Ride, ADVENTURE is an incredible exhibit, and unlike anything you'd expect to see at a science center. There's a pre-show and all!

deehuyfb.jpg

5063360654_6b7d57c9be.jpg

Another change, more of an operational change, is how Rivertown Junction (the buffet that is formerly Wings and the receipt I got yesterday still called it that). First, you no longer get to select your table. They will seat you at a table. Secondly, you no longer get your own drinks. They have workers (the same ones who take old dishes) taking drink orders and bringing out your drinks. The drink stands are still in the same location they were in years past. I think the biggest reason for this, is they are trying to keep people from filling up their souvenir cups when dining there. I understand that, but it also caused us to have to wait on refills as the worker in our section had quite a few tables. It just didn`t seem like a very efficient way of doing things, even if they were trying to prevent "losses" through the Coca-Cola machines.

They have to pay for Mr. Kinzel's laundry somehow:

...Many Toledo-area companies have kept corporate perks -- club memberships, automobile and fuel allowances, life insurance, financial planning services, and, in the case of Cedar Fair LP's Richard Kinzel, even laundry services....

http://toledoblade.c...on-rebound.html

You just can't make this stuff up.

On the other hand, the revised 10k-a the company filed this past week shows a much lower compensation for Mr. Kinzel than has been reported elsewhere:

http://www.sec.gov/A...air201010ka.htm

ONLY $4.487 million, not the $20,000,000 figure sometimes seen...

Still, to pay that, we can't have people refilling souvenir cups in the buffet...every nickel counts...and there is laundry to be paid for, too...

Is the Eiffel Tower also being lit from the front this year (hopefully)?

If you are reffering to the Starlight lighting it got on the back last year, then no it is not, only the generic lights remain on the front, the back however is still lit up with the Starlight package.

I noticed lighting equipment at the front of the tower that looked similar to the lights used on the back for Starlight Spectacular. I'm not sure if they're new or not and I left the park before dark so I do not know if they were used or not.

Is the Eiffel Tower also being lit from the front this year (hopefully)?

If you are reffering to the Starlight lighting it got on the back last year, then no it is not, only the generic lights remain on the front, the back however is still lit up with the Starlight package.

Ok, thanks. Correct me if I am mistaken, but wasn't the front of the tower completely DARK last year (aside from the little amounts of color passing through from the back)? I would rather see the generic lights lighting the tower than none at all.

Me and fighting31irsh were in the front seat, both wearing our respectable MLB team hats so yeah that probably was us. I need to get to know people on here better, everytime I am at the park it seems like I never see a KIC'er.

I need to get to know people on here better, everytime I am at the park it seems like I never see a KIC'er.

Same here, although I did see my Raven t-shirt getting a lot of pointed looks. I wasn't sure whether to say something or not, though, since I did see a Voyage t-shirt or two there as well... Or were there just a lot of enthusiasts at the park? Or is Holiday World actually popular around Cincinnati, and I've just never noticed it before?

I need to get to know people on here better, everytime I am at the park it seems like I never see a KIC'er.

Same here, although I did see my Raven t-shirt getting a lot of pointed looks. I wasn't sure whether to say something or not, though, since I did see a Voyage t-shirt or two there as well... Or were there just a lot of enthusiasts at the park? Or is Holiday World actually popular around Cincinnati, and I've just never noticed it before?

Wearing a Coastermania hoodie got a lot of looks and even started some conversations.

You can find a laser attraction of this type in the ADVENTURE exhibit at COSI Science Center in Columbus. There, in trying to master the adventurer's skill of perseverance, you must climb through the "fiery beams" emitted by the ancient spirit Skorn - make it through and you recieve her part of an ancient code. For anyone who like Tomb Raider: The Ride, ADVENTURE is an incredible exhibit, and unlike anything you'd expect to see at a science center. There's a pre-show and all!

I remember this from way back when I visited COSI when in I was in Cub Scouts. I need to get back there. I may do that this summer.

Have drinks in the vending machines always been 4 dollars?

I do believe that they were $3 last year, I'm not certain though.

They were $3.75 last year.

Wearing a Coastermania hoodie got a lot of looks and even started some conversations.

Wow, that was no way that was you wearing that hoodie. Did you go into the Diamondback single rider's line not too long before opening?