Opening Day

StalkerChick

Same here. I've been stuck on Magnum with the first car about to crest the lift hill, we sat for 20 mins. I thought it was awesome and then, all of a sudden, I realized the only way down is the stairs. I replaced some of the awesome with freak out at that point.

I was also stuck on i305's lift, only maybe 100' up though. The girl next to me was freaking out and I had so much fun with it. The catch car slipped and when they started the cable up we were going up the lift hill at no more than a few miles per hour. I thought it was going to be a 10 min ride to the top!

Crypt Que is definately improved but, won't give anything away, Sorry GYK....

The actual ride cycle is changed and seems tamer than last year. There were no "flips", just large inverted circles. We went early on so maybe it will change as it warms up.

The lines were crazy long!!! Gold pass lot was full at Noon. Scroll on the sign outside detectors said "Rides closed today, Vortex, WindSeeker, Action Theater"

My guess is it's the same as last year... After all, the ride didn't have "flips" last year, just large inverting circles like he said... Sounds like last year's cycle. Plus, as you said, I don't know how you could make it less thrilling. Literally not going upside down at all? Ouch.

My guess is it's the same as last year... After all, the ride didn't have "flips" last year, just large inverting circles like he said... Sounds like last year's cycle. Plus, as you said, I don't know how you could make it less thrilling. Literally not going upside down at all? Ouch.

I would never question your knowledge of Crypt, I just remember it doing more last year, but I could be wrong.

Edit: My wife thinks it's the same as last year. I defer to riders who paid more attention! I did like the Que alot better. It's actually well lit and themed.

I would never question your knowledge of Crypt, I just remember it doing more last year but I could be wrong.

Haha! Well I would certainly not call myself an expert by any means!

Last year, the ride began by ascending towards the back of the room, went around a time and a half, then locked into place at the top of the second arc and fell forward, doing a slow, locked inversion. Then it reversed and did the same backwards, flipping riders headfirst towards the lava in another slow, locked inversion. So it inverted twice. There were no free flips, where the gondola goes nuts. That hasn't happened since the beginning of 2009. It's been slow, inverting arcs like you described.

But was there any additional lighting or music used during the ride itself? And feel free to give me spoilers about the queue, even via private message. :)

I would never question your knowledge of Crypt, I just remember it doing more last year but I could be wrong.

Last year, the ride began by ascending towards the back of the room, went around a time and a half, then locked into place at the top of the second arc and fell forward, doing a slow, locked inversion. Then it reversed and did the same backwards, flipping riders headfirst towards the lava in another slow, locked inversion. So it inverted twice. There were no free flips through where the gondola goes nuts. That hasn't happened since the beginning of 2009.

Your detailed description and my wife's memory is in agreement. So I type corrected, same as last year... still boring!

Last year, the ride began by ascending towards the back of the room, went around a time and a half, then locked into place at the top of the second arc and fell forward, doing a slow, locked inversion. Then it reversed and did the same backwards, flipping riders headfirst towards the lava in another slow, locked inversion. So it inverted twice. There were no free flips through where the gondola goes nuts. That hasn't happened since the beginning of 2009.

Your detailed description and my wife's memory is in agreement. So I type corrected, same as last year... still boring!

To me, this is good news. Or, at least not bad news. You had me a bit worried, I have to admit!

:P Again, spoilers about the queue line from anyone are more than welcome as private messages!

And my first ever evac off a ride :) with 16 other KICers :-P Keith broke yet another ride ;) lol

I'll point out that rides I didn't even think of riding also broke down today :)

Glad we got an evac although found it funny that a rider in our group was training the supervisor on how to use the manual restraint releases.

Well, we weren`t the happiest either after waiting thirty minutes to ride the ride, and coming SO close to getting to ride it, only to take a walk down the stairs instead. its the first time I have walked down a lift hill before. (I have been taken off of trains in the brake run, once on Beast about ten years back, and once on Legend at Holiday World about five years ago).

I did not get to see the evac of The Racer, but I did break down in the tunnel for about 15 minutes earlier in the day. Don't know if anyone saw me, I was wearing a Boston Red Sox hat and a CP Coastermania 2010 hoodie. I bet it was interesting getting walked down from a lift hill.

Great report!

I had two choices for opening day. Either I could take my 6-year-old daughter for kiddie rides or go by myself and ride coasters. I took my little girl and from the sound of things I definitely made the right choice. It sounds like it was a bit of a frustrating day for coaster fans, but we had a great time at Planet Snoopy.

The evac could not have worked out better for the park and KIC. There we were about 10 to 12 of us KIC'ers on the train that was evaced. Being our group found it an honor to be evaced from the ride and getting an experience that not many others get was very cool! These things happen and as enthusiast we must understand this and know certain things can happen at the park!