Festhaus and Oktoberfest

CedarPointer

If you had a chance to "fix" the somewhat disjointed theme of Oktoberfest, what would you do? Try to keep it somewhat realistic- tearing down Festhaus and installing a stratacoaster isn't probably something the park would do.

I would eliminate Oktoberfest entirely. Outer Hanks is pretty much part of Coney Mall anyway, so Coney Mall would extend down to Adventure Express's entrance (I know it doesn't fit the theme of Coney Mall, but it doesn't fit the theme of Oktoberfest either). The remaining area would be considered part of International Street. Viking Fury would stay unchanged. Festhaus would get a new name but keep LaRosa's and Panda Express. I would install a third food stand in place of the current restrooms. restrooms in place of every empty spot in Festhaus. I'd also remove the current tables and benches in favor of seating similar to a mall's food court. The stage would still be used for the current shows.

Edit: :rolleyes:

Or the Ohio Building Code... Buildings with assembly occupancy groups are required to have restrooms. You can`t go removing restrooms. In fact, the restrooms are sized based on the total occupancy of the building. And anyone who was at the park on Saturday in Coney Mall would know what having one less restroom feels like. As the restrooms by Vortex/ WindSeeker were closed. Makes for quite a hike to get to the nearest restroom. I`m still kind of surprised there isn`t a restroom back in X Base.

Octoberfest has essentially become a part of International Street/Coney Mall, but I still think it's valid enough to have its own area. The lake is enough for that.

It's a lot like the Frontier Trail at Cedar Point. Is it part of Frontier Town or is it its own area? Either way, would you consider Millennium Force to be a part of that area?

i would move oktoberfest into a new direction (matching that of outer hank's).

• rename the section to a more cajun feel
  • leave Adventure Express alone for it can have an aztec feel that comes from that region of the continent
  • retheme festhouse to more of a barn/dance hall
  • try somehow to rethem viking fury to a swamp boat
  • play Acadiana style & Dixieland jazz music
  • move slingshot to a more apropriate place in the park & in its place install a bourbon street themed matterhorn &/or a tea-cup ride

just a thought. i dont really expect any of this to happen.wink.gif

It's a lot like the Frontier Trail at Cedar Point. Is it part of Frontier Town or is it its own area? Either way, would you consider Millennium Force to be a part of that area?

Built in 1971, Frontier Trail was the first public pathway connecting Frontier Town to the Main Midway. It's original length was from Main Midway RR crosing to the bridge in between SRF and Mavericks trim brake. In 2000 the trail was shortened and now begins near Red Garter Saloon (where the cement changes to asphalt). Even though the Trail is often grouped with Town and that they share the same soundtrack, Trail is in fact it's own area of the park. Town represents the old west as Trail is themed after pioneer log cabin settlements.

• 2 weeks later...

I would restore the area to have much more of a German feel, like it did originally...

Restore the clock on FestHaus

Get rid of Larosas and Panda King, replacing the with Bavarian (or general German) food

Get rid of the country music shows, the American beer signs, etc. and replace them with German-themed shows and German beers

Change Outer Hanks into more of a beer garden with specialty foods, a much larger selection of German beers, lagers, etc.

One only has to see how popular Newport's Hofbrauhaus is on the weekends to realize how popular such a thing would be at KI, especially since the only German restaurant in that area (the old Black Forest restaurant on 42 about 3 miles north of I-275) closed years ago.

It would be a great experience for locals and tourists alike - celebrating the area's rich German heritage and providing them with an experience that you wouldn't easily find elsewhere.

I would restore the area to have much more of a German feel, like it did originally...

Get rid of Larosas and Panda King, replacing the with Bavarian (or general German) food

Get rid of the country music shows, the American beer signs, etc. and replace them with German-themed shows and German beers

Change Outer Hanks into more of a beer garden with specialty foods, a much larger selection of German beers, lagers, etc.

One only has to see how popular Newport's Hofbrauhaus is on the weekends to realize how popular such a thing would be at KI, especially since the only German restaurant in that area (the old Black Forest restaurant on 42 about 3 miles north of I-275) closed years ago.

It would be a great experience for locals and tourists alike - celebrating the area's rich German heritage and providing them with an experience that you wouldn't easily find elsewhere.

I agree 100%! My favorite dining experience at Walt Disney World was Biergarten at Epcot. Make the Festhouse like that and add a german themed flat ride to the area and it would be great!

I agree 100%! My favorite dining experience at Walt Disney World was Biergarten at Epcot. Make the Festhouse like that and add a german themed flat ride to the area and it would be great!

Me tooo 100% To the German feel to it!!!!! Bring in some great german food and leave the shows alone for the most part. I do NOT care for jazz but can at least tolerate Country. I spent a lot of time in Feshaus watching the shows as most people that see me around know.