Phantom Theater Remnants

HWBeast1039

Hi. As you all know the dark rides after Phantom Theater pretty much replaced every there was relating to Phantom Theater. But, remember the faces that followed you in the looooooooooooooooong daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark musty hallway? Well, when the sally ride came, they put a bunch of spooky boards over them. But they didn't remove them. They are still under there! I rode the Sally ride (Boo Basters?), and I snuck a quick peek under the boards and the inverted faces are still there. Pretty cool, huh? You should check them out if it doesn't embarrass you to go in a kiddie ride (haha jk).

This seems to be getting more posts than my Phantom thread. I wonder...

I've always wondered if they were still there. I tried looking in on the 30th with my cell phone, but couldn't see anything. I thought they were still there.

It's sort of a shame that such an effect goes to waste... It's a mind-boggling effect! But I can understand how it didn't quite fit the Scooby Doo theme, and doesn't match Boo Blasters much better.

And that's precisely what creates the illusion of the face looking at you regardless of where you stand in relation to it - as your perspective shifts, you view the face from a different angle, and your mind helps interpret the shading and curvature as looking directly at you. It's concave.

I would absolutely love to have one of those. Though I do imagine it's very unlikely anybody cares enough to have them taken out of the wall.

Were those faces always that light grey color, or were they repainted when Scooby-Doo came in?

<br />I would absolutely love to have one of those. Though I do imagine it's very unlikely anybody cares enough to have them taken out of the wall.<br /><br />Were those faces always that light grey color, or were they repainted when Scooby-Doo came in?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Get one of those plastic halloween masks which is screenprinted on one side and white on the back. Do they still make them? They are generally in the shape of a face. Attach the mask to a wall and turn it backwards so the front/face is looking into the wall. Use a strong light on the mask from below looking up. Effect complete! Take a walk around and see how it looks.

This seems to be getting more posts than my Phantom thread. I wonder...

I've always wondered if they were still there. I tried looking in on the 30th with my cell phone, but couldn't see anything. I thought they were still there.

I bent down underneath the farthest on on the right. I think it was the one that kinda looked like Benjamin Franklin xD

• 3 weeks later...