Favorite Type of Roller Coaster

McSalsa

OK, it is now poll time! (Those who dislike my polls, click back...umm...NOW!)

Everyone has a favorite INDIVIDUAL coaster, but what is your favorite TYPE?

A list of various types for you to use as a guide:

http://www.coasterforce.com/coasters/coaster-types

(Didn't realize Coasterforce enhanced their web page recently...I like it!)

My favorite type? Wooden, does not really matter what sub-genre. But, if it has to be, Wooden Terrain Coasters. Of my top 5, 4 are woodies and 2 of those make heavy use of terrain:

#1-The Beast @ Kings Island (Wooden Terrain Coaster)

#2-The Voyage @ Holiday World (Wooden Out & Back Coaster. Does make use of terrain in some areas.)

#3-The Legend @ Holiday World (Wooden Out & Back Twister Coaster) (Starts like an out & back, but ends in more of a "twister" fashion)

#4-The Raven @ Holiday World (Wooden Out & Back Terrain Coaster) (Starts like an out & back, turns into a terrain coaster in the middle!)

#5-Diamondback @ Kings Island (Steel Hypercoaster) (Only steel in my top 5!)

Please note: I have only been to Kings Island, Holiday World, and Indiana Beach (long time ago for IB). You don't need to use a Top 5 list, I was just using it as a guide for why I picked wooden terrain...

Enjoy the poll. If you for some reason dislike, click back.

I can't really choose just one. The highlights are wooden terrain, racing, LIM/LSM launch, and giga. I'd say floorless, impulse, and Arrow hypercoaster, but I've only been on one of each. It doesn't seem fair to say I like them--it's like saying one band is your favorite after hearing only one of their songs.

I'm a huge fan of wood coasters. I love the out of control feeling you have with a wood coaster, and the pure beauty of a massive wood structure is something that just can't be matched with steel. Call me strange, but I also love the slight roughness of wood coasters.

I am also a fan of a good hyper/giga, simply because of the airtime it gives.

My favorite coasters are:

1. Voyage
  2. Son of Beast
  3. Raven
  4. Diamondback
  5. Legend

As Will Koch once said, "Who needs steel when you have wood?"

i dont really have a "dead-set" on prefferance, other than it goes through the woods, has decent to loads amount of airtime, & has a unique feature to it. ex: swooping by a lake, or has whats called a cliff. & if it can double as a dark ride.

I'm going to go with B&M hypers. I loved Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens and I love the restraints on them. Intamin is now dead set on using those stupid over the shoulder restraints for almost every coaster they put out. I hate them and that is why I did not pick an Intamin coaster type as my favorite.

I am extraordinarily partial to most anything Premier rides does, especially in the launched category. Their rides are best described as "zippy." I always feel that they're enthusiastically designed, nimble, and have a "pep in their step" as it were... I especially enjoy that "Premier rattle" that you feel from time to time, like during The Revenge of the Mummy's first hill, or at the bottom of the overbanked turned on the Backlot Stunt Coaster. Plus in my estimation, no one has been able to integrate a ride so well into a themed environment as Premier. They're just great, well-rounded rides in all.

• Like 1

First off, the only amusement park I've ever been to is KI.

If I'm looking for pure enjoyment and excitement, it's The Beast. Other "fun" coasters that I just plain enjoy: Racer, AE, FD.

If I want thrilled, Vortex still does it for me. If I want thrilled right at (and beyond) the edge of my "thrill threshold" it's DB, for sure.