2011-2012 Offeason: What would you like to see? THE POLL

McSalsa

A lot of people seemed happy with this past offseason, with the additions of WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive (even though NEITHER of those are open as I type this) and the general park enhancements that were installed. And thus, I thought up this poll.

Even though 2011 has just begun, what would you like to see next year? A huge new coaster? A smaller coaster or large flat, plus enhancements? A bunch of small flats and enhancements? Those are just some of the choices. Enjoy the poll. If you dislike, click back.

Boomerang Bay enhancements, definitley. Passing by the water park the other day in my car, I could see Tasmanian Typhoon had paint coming off of it. The place has no trees. There hasn't been a new slide (or even ATTRACTION) added to it since what, 2003? It really needs some help.

I would be willing to bet with the enhancements and updates we have seen in PS, RT, and CM that they plan on updating the rest of the dry side of the park before they touch BB. You have to hand it to CF for an awesome job sprucing up each area of the park. To me, that has been one of the best things that CF has done for KI.

I think I would be happy with any update for the next off season, but I am sure they have something up their sleeve for the 40th anniversary!

Edit: For Terpy!

In all honesty don't you think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself? We're not even close to the 2011-2012 offseason.

I normally agree with you on how we here sometimes get ahead of ourselves like "Who is going to KI opening day, sign up here" which is posted the day after the last day of the season. I find that often as getting ahead of ourselves as there is no way any of us could know for certain if we actually could. I guess they could add the word "Plan" and that would make it more realistic.

So considering that Amusement/Theme parks usually plan their ride/park improvements well in advance as to get things lined up to be done in the off-season, I see this poll as a fun way to express our hopes and desires before a possible announcement late into the current season while Kings Island is hopefully in/close to their planning phase for next season.

Personally I have been wishing and asking for a major expansion to Boomerang Bay for many years now and that is in part because I love attending water parks with my family. I think if Kings Island focused on expanding Boomerang Bay they could easily become the water park of choice here in the Midwest.

I am like Indyguy4KI I think a expansion of Action Zone will come first and I would love to see that area get a makeover with the same care as Kings Island has given Rivertown and Coney Mall the past couple years. I think it would be fun to see a lot of new flat rides in Action Zone and just because my enthusiast side comes out here and there, throw in a coaster too.

...and throw out a coaster, too...

Oopsie...

Did he just say that?

Wow.

(No hints are meant to be disclosed in the post Mr. Terpy just made...sometimes humor is mere humor...sometimes in jest there is truth...You will just have to wait and see...Oopsie, again?)

Terp, interpreting things from HERE for what? Oh, nearly 17 years now...and soon to be interpreting things from somewhere else but on here...never fear, he ain't leaving this particular here...though he may be a bit rarer than in the past...Would that mean he would be in rare form? Sometimes Mr. Terpy is neither here nor there...pardon him, while he goes to look for a devil dive...or sumthin'

I voted "Son of Beast" overhaul, but I don't necessarily want it overhauled and reopened, I just want something done with it.

I don't care if it is destroyed or opens, I want there to be some sort of progress.

Good things come to those who wait.

Good things come in small packages.

Insert other truism here...

And, oh yeah, the month of June is of utmost importance to some decisions, but often that can't be told until sometime thereafter...

Terp, interpreting things from HERE for what? Oh, nearly 17 years now...and soon to be interpreting things from somewhere else but on here...never fear, he ain't leaving this particular here...though he may be a bit rarer than in the past...Would that mean he would be in rare form? Sometimes Mr. Terpy is neither here nor there...pardon him, while he goes to look for a devil dive...or sumthin'

Oh matter if it is from there or there, there is always a place for you here.

Just know oh matter where there is you will never be that far as you are cared about here in our hearts and minds which make you close to those who care and even for those who could care less.

Oh matter if it is from there or there, there is always a place for you here.

Just know oh matter where there is you will never be that far as you are cared about here in our hearts and minds which make you close to those who care and even for those who could care less.

Very clever and funny guys. smile.gif

I also voted for something done with SOB. Son of Beast is my favorite ride besides Millennium Force. I would love to see it operate one day. Every time I come to the park I love to just gaze at it's massive beauty. But sadly if someone hasn't said already, the queue has been taken out from where the entrance was and a couple lanes in the major queue area.

I'd love to see a coaster and general park improvements. I don't really enjoy visiting Boomerang Bay (not a fan of waterparks here) so I don't know what it needs, from the walking around I've done there it seems like a small slide complex, another restroom (?), and another food stand (Outback Shack has looked jammed whenever I've been there). I think some repainting and repaving in Action Zone would do wonders, and some new lighting and new paint on International Street (including a revamp of the main gate) would also look amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the rumors for Cedar Point, they are already planning their 2012 season. And remember, they started work on Diamondback nearly a year and a quarter before it opened. So, I don't think we'll see a massive new coaster for 2012. I think it's too late to start anything.

I voted Son of Beast. Even if construction started today, I really wouldn't expect to see it running until 2013.

I don't care if SOB is redone or demolished. If it is redone then we'll have an awesome coaster in Action Zone. If it is demolished a new awesome coaster will take it's place. Therefore, we will also have an awesome coaster in Action Zone. Any way is fine with me!

• 3 weeks later...

honestly i think that a final desision would be nice for the SOB yes it was my favorite ride when it was open but having the rides fate hang in limbo is annoying to say the least. Would love to see a new coaster in its place and FD revamped that area of the park seems to get neglected every year.