Hows things running now?

lopan

I heard alot of complaints on how opening day went, im just curious did this weekend things go better for everyone? Rides all working (besides WindSeeker)? I was planing on going myself till got sick :-(

I was there yesterday all day as well (from 9a to 10p). The only ride I saw that was down was Firehawk... once mid day for a little while, and twice at night. The two at night lasted only about 15 minutes... I was even stuck on the train the second time in the station.

There is indeed new music on the Backlot Stunt Coaster, it's better than playing cotton- eye joe for that coaster but i still preferred the music when it was Italian Job. The X- Base sign is gone, I'm guessing for cleaning or something, but if you know any information please post it. Firehawk was down part of the day (not unusual), Diamondback Broke Down around 12, and was stuck on the Mid- Point Brake Run, The Racer was down part of the day too. Park managers were telling us at the security check-point that WindSeeker should be done if there are 4 good days with out rain, but who knows if that is correct.

Edit : I was here today from 9:30 to about 3:00

I am absolutely thrilled by the idea of music being utilized more heavily in the park this year. Not only is that the "attention to detail" that so many of us have been huffing and puffing over finally coming to fruition, but it's really building great memories. How unique it will be to associate that song with Delirium! And I imagine riding it and feeling like I'm being filmed for a commercial. Like people being more apt to scream when someone else screams, I just imagine that this music will liven everything up.

And apparently the audio systems were there, and the music rights were there, so it's so great to see that being used. Really, really great. And unlike tactile special effects, I feel that this won't disappear as the season goes on, because it would seem that hitting the 'green button' for the ride cycle automatically starts the music? Is that right?

Backlot Stunt Coaster: "

"

The Crypt: "

," Inception

Delirium: "Song 2" by Blur (see above)

Drop "Tower": "

by Van Halen

Didn't someone mention a song playing for Drop Zone riders, too?

Sorry Terp, but you buy a Drop Tower, you don't name it that...

GYK, who feels the same about anyone purchasing a Vekoma Invertigo, but can at least let that slide as it doesn't sound as poorly thought out... There's re-themeing and then there's de-themeing. I would assert that many of the rides were simply de-themed to the most generic versions of their former selves; as little change as possible; flat out avoidance of a fresh identity... What required the ride formerly known as Top Gun to maintain an aviation theme? But instead of re-themeing it to any number of fun, innovate, fresh identities, it was simply made into an off-brand Top Gun...

The only one with changed music is The Crypt (which had more like ambient noise and animal calls last year)... The others just had music added. Except The Beast, which did have music on the lift underneath the narration... But I still haven't seen it confirmed that that music is for sure changed, or what to... The Italian Job used to have a soundtrack provided via the on-ride audio system that you can still see the speakers for. But that's gone.

I believe the music that is now playing on lift one at The Beast is from the show Lost. It certainly sounds similar. (It used to be music from Independence Day). Not sure about lift two (there was no audio on lift two when i was there Friday night).

Ah, interesting. I would actually like that... I think that the Saw music is almost too recognizable? If that makes sense... People might get caught up in hearing the Saw music and not focus on the building anticipation of the lift. I think the music should be a compliment to the ride, and not be so noticeable that it takes all the attention away.

On the original topic of the thread:

We were there opening day and again this Saturday (May 7). Things were quite smooth compared to opening day. Delirium was down a couple of times for a few minutes (once when we were next in line, naturally). Firehawk ditto. Crowds were much smaller, which made a better experience. The wait for Drop Zone Tower was out onto the midway all day last week and didn't even fill three rows of speed rails this week (later in the day).

On the music:

The music in The Beast queue is much louder, spookier than last year. Two of our group were first-time Beast riders and commented on the music. Very well done. I don't remember the lift hill music or lack thereof.

The queue music for Backlot Stunt Coaster included several selections from the Ocean's Eleven soundtrack.

I've heard Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band every single time in line for Diamondback (six rides so far this year). Good song, but they might add a couple more to the rotation.

Song 2 is a great choice for Delirium and Right Now ditto for Drop Tower.

• 1 month later...

There was music playing in the station for Flight Deck Friday night that I don't remember being there last season.

For those curious, the Soundhound app I have on my phone identified this music as "Omaha Beach" from the Saving Private Ryan soundtrack.

Update to this... Apparently Soundhound didn't hear the music correctly the first time. The actual queue music is "Arrival To Earth" from the first Transformers film.

Haven't identified the queue music at The Beast yet.