2011 Photo TR - Compilation

Pillsberry123

I've made this thread to post all of my 2011 photo trip reports instead of starting a new thread every week. Hope you enjoy!

April 30th (Opening Day)

Well, we didn't stay long. Our main reason for visiting was to get our pass processed, and to get a ride on Diamondback and The Beast. You may have seen me there. I was wearing a leather jacket and was carrying around a camera case.

We got there at about 8:30 and got our pass processed with ease. I was worried all week that the line would be 2 hours long, but we walked right up to a booth and got our pictures taken. We waited at the gates, got in, and ran for Diamondback. We were assigned a seat in the middle, which was alright. It felt good to be on a coaster again.

After Diamondback, we walked over to The Beast. Walking past the pop machines, soda is 4 dollars a bottle! I think they were less than that last year.

Getting on The Beast, we noticed that the music was different, both in the station and on the ride. The ride was extremely squeaky, which I assume is the fact that the wheels weren't greased properly. The newly re-tracked areas are mainly the turns before the second lift hill, and they are noticeably smoother. Unfortunately, The Beast shut down while we were on the final brake run before the station!

Before leaving, we went over to check out the "new" Coney Mall. The pictures speak for themselves. It really looks excellent.

Picture130.jpg?t=1304198989

Picture131.jpg?t=1304199402

Picture135.jpg?t=1304199795

Picture137.jpg?t=1304200115

Picture138.jpg?t=1304200261

Picture144.jpg?t=1304200475

Picture146.jpg?t=1304200637

Picture147.jpg?t=1304200792

Picture153.jpg?t=1304200818

Picture154.jpg?t=1304200859

Picture151.jpg?t=1304200946

Picture155.jpg?t=1304201010

Picture158.jpg?t=1304201010

Picture159.jpg?t=1304201010

May 7th

This was a pretty busy day, mainly because of the amount of band and choir groups. ERT was fun with Diamondback and The Beast. Both were running well. We also managed in a ride on The Racer and Flight Deck before deciding to leave. Flight Deck was runny extremely well. I was very impressed with it. We stayed a total of 2 hours (9-11) and got in 2 Diamondback rides, and one ride on The Beast, The Racer, and Flight Deck. Not bad.

MustangPictures004.jpg?t=1305068113

MustangPictures009.jpg?t=1305068113

MustangPictures011.jpg?t=1305068113

MustangPictures012.jpg?t=1305068113

MustangPictures027.jpg?t=1305068113

MustangPictures028-1.jpg?t=1305068433

MustangPictures017.jpg?t=1305068113

MustangPictures014.jpg?t=1305068433

MustangPictures015-1.jpg?t=1305068564

MustangPictures018.jpg?t=1305068113

Thanks for sharing these... I look forward to all of your updates! :)

(I did a double take when you said "every week"...it must be nice.)

"Every week' is a bit of an exaggeration. We visit every week when we have nothing else planned, so if we're visiting relatives in Indy, on vacation, or plan on being busy we don't go. Weekends like this one that call for a 70% chance of rain both days are also ones that we avoid, which is why we didn't go this weekend. Hopefully weather will cooperate next week!

May 21st

No pictures today! I completely forgot my camera! Sorry!

We got there at opening as always. WindSeeker was at the top of its tower, and it seemed to drop down slowly all day (when we left, it was halfway down the tower). Hopefully it will be open next week!

Anyway, we sprinted for Diamondback for our first ride of the day. Since there wasn't any line, we waited for the back. I have to say, while I think the first drop is much better in the back, I much prefer it in the front. I also prefer it in the inside seats over the outside as well. I know this is the opposite of what most people like, but for me you just can't beat the smoothness and the fun of riding up front. That's just me.

We headed for The Beast and rode in the very back (it was the only seat without a line!!) This was actually only my second time riding in the very back, and it was much smoother than last time. In fact, the only part I would call "rough" was the turn before the brake shed. That's it. The re-tracking over the offseason has improved the rideability of the ride so much. We rode again in the very back, and once in row 4-3. "Wheel seats" are usually the ones to avoid, but thanks to the re-tracking, it's easy to enjoy the ride in every seat.

After The Beast, we walked towards the front of the park. Diamondback was down, but we saw it running again in about 10 minutes. After the Star Spangled Banner, we went to Action Zone. Our next ride was Invertigo. The wait was around 20 minutes as soon as the park opened, which amazed me. Action Zone is usually dead until a little later in the day, but all of the rides in the area were packed with people. I guess it's just the sign of a typical Saturday. We rode Invertigo in the front (back?), and it was the best ride I've ever had on it. So intense! Fantastic ride, and actually pretty smooth. The ride could use a new paintjob or at least a touch up, but the ride experience was great. I highly recommend riding in the very front or the very back if you've never done so.

We ran over to Delirium to check on the line. Another 20 minute wait. We enjoyed the ride like we always do. In fact, it's our favorite flat ride in the park. Our favorite operating flat ride in the park anyway...

The park was crowded today, but we got some good rides in. We got a fantastic ride on Invertigo, some great rides on The Beast, and a ride on Delirium and Diamondback. Good day.

Diamondback - x1

The Beast - x3

Delirium - x1

Invertigo - x1