Action Theater

CedarPointer

I don't agree with either option. I say keep the motion seats and put a new movie in there. I completely agree with standbyme that I never wish for an attraction to close, even if I don't particularly care for it.

Heck, if they still had the motion seats with the new movie, I'd be more willing to pay that extra $6 for my family to see it. But to take away a huge aspect of the attraction and then make it an upcharge on top of that? Unacceptable.

But to take away a huge aspect of the attraction and then make it an upcharge on top of that? Unacceptable.

My point exactly. Especially when Escape From Dino Island 3D would've been such a natural solution, and allowed them to keep it as a ride. And I wouldn't mind if that was up-charge for a season or two as they capitalized on Dinosaurs Alive, because it would be an improvement and upgrade. But conceptually, this comes across as a downgrade. And whether it really is or not is essentially not even a factor, because it comes across that way. Intention isn't that important when it comes down to it - if the customer's first impression is that something is a bad choice, they're less likely to give it a chance. I think that's what we're seeing here.

Maybe this projection system and film will be really visually striking. It's irrelevant. Whether its fair or not, many people have made a decision... And in the business / marketing world, that is something that must be considered...

• 2 weeks later...

I do not agree with yet another upcharge. When does this crap stop? I can undertand the DINO because of the circumstances but not another upcharge. There are four things now with an upcharge. People pay about fifty dollars to come to the park....if they want to experience everything it will end up costing no less than additional fourty dollars per person...that is if the Slingshot is at a reduced rate.

If they are taking out the motion chairs and likely will charge for the 3D glasses like they did during Haunt.....come on enough is enough. Just close it down and keep the building for Haunt alone.

Sorry but the park needs to realize with gas prices going up constantly they need to concentrate on giving us a reason for traveling and stop adding more upcharges.

I do not do any of the upcharges at all. I MIGHT do the DINO trail ONCE but likely will not walk it again. Maybe it would be a smarter thing to concentrate on selling DINO merchandise which would likely net them more money than to charge more to see a 3D movie. I do hope they give us an opportunity to bring in our own 3D glasses lol.