Days like today

KI FANATIC 37

It was still fun, the weather said only 40 percent chance of rain,so I thought it would be ok, but I thought wrong! This was the only time we can go till mid June, but we will go lots this summer so its no big deal. The only disapointment was Flight of Fear didnt open till after 1, but I am glad we got one ride on it in..

If the weather was a bit nicer, I would be very tempted to head over after work this week. I've found I don't enjoy KI in the rain much at all, so it's not worth the 3 hour round trip (still seems weird it's open daily already...wish I could take advantage!).

Yeah it was between last Friday or Monday for me and I am glad we choose Friday now. I think I heard the park say that this year was a try and see year for opening up later but earlier for daily operations. I am afraid with the weather they will not be able to realize their full potential to draw a crowd for Mid-May weekdays. I figured the first year would be slim as the word has not spread enough about them being open. In a way I hope they offer Season Pass sneak peak days with/without this early week of operations.

We were in the area today and had planned to spend the afternoon at the park. However, when we left the Hotel, we knew it wasn't gonna happen. Thankfully we had to be in northern KY anyways. We didn't even know it was raining at the park til I got home and checked the Cams. Seeing the rain made me feel better about not going to Ohio.

This has been an unusually dreary spring, hasn't it?

Yes it has, and took me till today to realize how bad it really has been. The farming around me is close to (if not over) month late in planting crops. My dads crop fields are literally untouched cause it always seems to have standing water somewhere.

I live less than half-hour away, and I've been putting off my mid-week visit til Wednesday... and I might hold off til Thursday or even Friday. I might like low crowds, but it has to be somewhat comfortable. Constant rain and below 50° temps aren't comfortable, especially for May.

I looked at CP's webcams - some of their rides were not operating today. It was raining all day and the park was quite empty.

I just got back from a 3 day trip From Cedar Point Poor Milly Didnt even open due to weather the last 2 days!! But I will say this Go ride mean streak OMG the Coaster is AMAZING!!!! The area over by WindSeeker looks really good to all new Brick pavers like Coney mall!!!

But I will say this Go ride mean streak OMG the Coaster is AMAZING!!!!

Mean Streak is the only coaster I've sworn never to ride again. I broke that vow once when I went with a friend who had never ridden it, and he wanted to. That vow was quickly reinstated. But you aren't the first person to come back from CP this weekend and rave about MS. I might have to give it another try.

The park did close early several times during the Paramount era due to low attendance/inclement weather. Whether any of those occasions were in 2003, I can't remember specifically. But I do remember closing early because we had our Admissions associates out at the turnstiles giving tickets to the guests as they exited so they could come back another day.

Looking at the cams, today was a DEAD day as well.

It was walk on for ALL rides today. Verycold, but it was the first time my kids have experienced the ability to marathon everything. We arrived at 11 and left at 7:45....rode DB twice, beast 5 times, Vortex 3, SR&r 5, racer 4, bumper cars 4, monster 2, scrambler 5 (love the ride op who asked if I was over 16, lol), zepher 2, flight deck 3, Delirium 1, Drop Tower 1, viking fury 2, woodstock express 16, boo blasters 1, flying ace 2, blsc 2, carousel 1, and im sure I have forgotten....we could have ridden more, but dang. Mama got tired :)