What are your Park Plans for this Summer?

KI FANATIC 37

I am doing a Georgia trip Memorial weekend and intend to do the new Dare Devil Dive. That's my most anticipated new coaster of this year!

I am also heading to Holiday World for my 2nd time of the year to do Holiwood Nights.

I also plan to go back to Dollywood at least 2 or 3 more times and hope to add Carowinds, too. If things go well, I wouldn't rule out Florida later in the year after our season ends. Of course will be hitting CP a few times as well!

This year of course Cedar Point and King's Island will be visited many times through out the summer. Holiday World will be visited sometime in June and maybe again late July. Depending on where my parents decide to vacation this year I will either be visiting Six Flags Great Adventure, or I'll be going down to the Orlando parks. Next year after graduating will be the big year for new parks. :)

Sadly, only KI and CP are on the agenda for this year. My work is project-based, meaning I take a project and work it until it's done. I had planned to not accept many projects in May and June to limit my work to about 25 hours a week on average this summer, so I could take several trips to maximize our first-time Platinum Passes (we haven't upgraded from Gold yet, but will before hitting CP later this year). KD, Carowinds, and a couple CP trips were hoped for. Instead, I recently got the proverbial "offer I can't refuse," meaning I will be working about 70 hours per week through the middle of August. This will limit parks to one KI visit per week most weeks, and we will only get to CP the third week in August. School starts for my daughter at the end of August, so that will effectively end our park season except some Haunt weekends at KI. The good news is that I will make a load of cash this summer.

So...fifteen or so KI visits (three down), and one 3.5 day CP visit.

We have our Passes for KI of course.

July 11th we are making our first trip to Holiday World. It is also the first amusement park trip involving my mother since 1990. She says she will ride the coasters but we shall see. My first ever Beast ride was with her, 24 years ago.

We are also in the early planning stages of a Cedar Point trip to take place sometime in July.

I've already been to Kings Island twice this year and will be back Saturday for the GOCC Spring Fling and several other times throughout the summer. I'll also be picking up a season pass to The Beach Waterpark soon (though it remains to be seen how much I'll use it), and I'll be hitting Holiday World for Holiwood Nights as well as Cedar Point June 20–24.

What am I most looking forward too? That's a tough question, but I would have to say Cedar Point, since that will be my main vacation for the year.

Well I have hit KI opening day, and now with my work schedule being ridiculous I probably won't get to go as much as I want too. I also plan on hitting Cedar Point a couple of times, and Holiday World. With gas being the way it is though and me living 240 miles round trip from KI, I really don't know how much park visiting I will be doing after all.

I've got 8 KI trips in already; my goal before the end of Haunt is 70 trips to the park. I was trying to figure out the math the other day to see if this would be possible but gave up thinking about it as it gave me a headache. :-) I should be in the park every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday though and some Saturdays and the occasional random other day... I love being self-employed! :-)

It really all depends on how my leg heals. Spiral fracture, 6 months ago, partial union and only 1/3 healed.

Plans are:

KD opening Day

KI opening day Cancelled

CP opening day (a disaster, but I still had a blast!)

HoliWood Nights

multiple trips to KI, CP and Holiday World

Hershey, (hopefully) Kennywood and Idlewild in Sept

Six's Great America in Gurney Ill

I've already been to 4 parks this year, with more to go. Of course I'll be going to KI quite a bit (most visits not planned yet so the KI trips listed below aren't complete), and hopefully will restart my every-other-Thursday trips there with Stalkerchick and whoever else joins us. I also plan on going to Stricker's on one of their public days, but I'm not sure which one yet. We may also go to The Beach at some point, and possibly one of the parks in Pennsylvania around Mrs. Gator's family reunion this summer.

April 22 - HersheyPark

April 23 - Six Flags Great Adventure

April 30 - Kings Island - Opening Day

May 6 - Holiday World - Bert the Conqueror filming

May 7 - Holiday World - Opening Day

May 22 - Kings Island

June 3 - Holiday World - Holiwood Nights

June 4 - Holiday World - Holiwood Nights

June 12 - Kings Island

June 20 - Holiday World

June 21 - Coney Island - 125th Anniversary

June 22 - Kings Island

July 16 - Epcot(?)

July 17 - Magic Kingdom

July 18 - Universal Studios

July 19 - Islands of Adventure

Sept 16 - Cedar Point - HalloWeekends

Sept 17 - Cedar Point - HalloWeekends

Sept or Oct - Coney Island - Fall-O-Ween

Oct 30 - Kings Island - Closing Day

Nov - Dollywood - Christmas in the Smokies

Only real plans for me at the moment:

June 21st - Coney Island's 125th anniversary

July 3rd - Coney Island (Balloon Glow)

July 28th - Beech Bend (on my way to Nashville)

July 31st - Lake Winnie? (depending on weather, gas prices and what time I get out of Nashville)

August 14th - Stricker's Grove (Family Day)

September 5th - Stricker's Grove (Labor Day)

October 9th - Stricker's Grove (Customer Appreciation Day)

October 30th - KI closing day (depending on weather of course)

Depending on how things go, I might also hit Camden Park again this year.