How crowded today?

lopan

I agree, Very good day today at the Park. Got there for ERT On Diamondback (Which my 8 year old was able to ride Via some Platform Flip Flops..WIN!! :) ) And yeah, everything was a walk on. Rode all the Coasters, Some twice, and we out of the park by the time the big storm hit about 2:30. Even walked on Delirium (Which ive never done) Rode Vortex in the Pouring Rain for the first time, not too fun though... Plus some dude (Not the Dippin Dots Guy) Who goes to UC struck up a conversation with me about How Hes a coaster Desinger at UC and Hes had personal Meetings with Robert Decker and Craig Freeman about trying to sell some of his designs to them... Oh Yeah, And also that Son of Beast has had General Upkeep done with it over the past 2 years and how it WILL be getting the Steel Track makeover, Texas Giant style, Starting construction after this year and reopening for the 41st operating season, April 2013. I Walked away rolling my eyes.........Or Did I? rolleyes.gif

Given that 2013 will be the 42md operating season, I think the young'n has already established his credibility, or lack thereof....

And if by some odd reason all this IS true, his flapping jaws (and the report thereof here) will definitely affect his future. You see, it's amazing some of the people that read this board....or, er, uh, have it done for them. Yeah, "done for,".... Such a useful phrase, but for what?

The ever mysterious and sometimes even useful Terpy, if you can just interpret his stuff....

I ended up making the drive and going. Turned out to be a GREAT day! Every ride was a walk on. In fact, I got to ride The Beast three times in a row without leaving my seat. Incidentally, because of the lack of crowds, Beast only had a two train operation. And maybe it was just me, but I felt like the station staff performed better with two trains rather than three.

How would 2 trains be better then 3? Just curious :)

*shrugs* It might have just been my perception but it felt like they got the trains in and out of there faster than normal. Last year, they kept stacking all three trains with twice as many staff members. Maybe with two trains, the staff had time to breathe and reset in between trains and not get overwhelmed? I don't know. Ignore me, lol!

I ended up making the drive and going. Turned out to be a GREAT day! Every ride was a walk on. In fact, I got to ride The Beast three times in a row without leaving my seat. Incidentally, because of the lack of crowds, Beast only had a two train operation. And maybe it was just me, but I felt like the station staff performed better with two trains rather than three.

How would 2 trains be better then 3? Just curious :)

*shrugs* It might have just been my perception but it felt like they got the trains in and out of there faster than normal. Last year, they kept stacking all three trains with twice as many staff members. Maybe with two trains, the staff had time to breathe and reset in between trains and not get overwhelmed? I don't know. Ignore me, lol!

Beast hardly ever stacks Trains. Beast along with Diamondback are the best crews at that park!!!

Anyone enjoying the park today should feel pretty grateful...here in Illinois as I stare out the window it is raining really hard and so dark you would swear it was nighttime. :(

That's really sad...If it helps, it was VERY crowded.

Anyone enjoying the park today should feel pretty grateful...here in Illinois as I stare out the window it is raining really hard and so dark you would swear it was nighttime. :(

And here north of Chicago, I got no rain. Worked in the yard all day then to a block party. It goes to show how different weather can be just miles away.

And here north of Chicago, I got no rain. Worked in the yard all day then to a block party. It goes to show how different weather can be just miles away.

Luff somehow I must of missed that you moved north. I hope you and the family are adjusting well there.

Here's a question - I plan to be at the park Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, June 7th and 8th... Will local schools be out yet? Should I expect massive crowds of just-released-for-summer children? Or worse yet, school groups? I'm going regardless, but as a person who likes to worry I just thought I'd ask if anyone had any information on the local school schedules.

Here's a question - I plan to be at the park Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, June 7th and 8th... Will local schools be out yet? Should I expect massive crowds of just-released-for-summer children? Or worse yet, school groups? I'm going regardless, but as a person who likes to worry I just thought I'd ask if anyone had any information on the local school schedules.

Some schools here are getting out this week and the rest are getting out next week. We were there today and there were school groups but it wasn't too bad.

I'll be there Tuesday GYK! It's really the only day I have off lol I was spoiled a couple weeks ago when my friend and I didn't wait in line once (leading to 13 rides on Diamondback biggrin.gif). Anyway, we shall see...my thoughts are that people (school groups included) more or less go on the weekends still.

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree. I thought it was very crowded. But, less crowded after 10 pm as expected.

I was at the water park yesterday until 2:45pm and of course it was crowded there because of the heat. I joined some friends at the main part of the park at about 3Pm and we rode WindSeeker first-the wait was about 20 minutes and the line didn't even snake onto the midway. Diamondback only had about 4 rows of queues open and The Beast only had about 2 rows of queues. Sorry but I have to disagree with you-I wouldn't consider it to be a packed day when such major rides don't have long waits.

It has been reported elsewhere here that the lifthill chain is reportedly broken. Perhaps when Vortex found she was no longer included in morning ERT, her heart was broken.

LOL.. that's a shame. Vortex is one of my favorite rides. Hopefully operations will resume soon.