How crowded today?

lopan

so i drove by today and it looked swamped from 71, is it really that bad now on weekdays? whats the line waits been like? I havent been in 3 weeks unfortunately

Spirit Song is/was taking place from Thurs-Sat. The park is usually a complete zoo during that event.

Spirit Song adds an extra 10,000 to 25,000 people to the park each day.

If only I'd known that before I tried to go yesterday. :blink: But on a positive note, my appreciation for the Zephyr has been restored.

Since when has Vortex been a girl?!? I'm not sure dark blue and orange suits a girl. ;)

Of course Vortex is a girl. Look how close she is to The Beast. And where do you think Sonny got his loop?

HAHA! That's a good point!

Since when has Vortex been a girl?!? I'm not sure dark blue and orange suits a girl. ;)

Of course Vortex is a girl. Look how close she is to The Beast. And where do you think Sonny got his loop?

:lol: Made me chuckle. It would be really fitting if Sonny got the Texas Giant treatment.

Was at the park Thursday late afternoon/early evening. Even though the park appeared to be crowded, the line waits weren't that long-Beast was a 40 minute wait, DB 30 minutes and WS just about 20 minutes. I get the impression that a lot of the people were at the concerts rather than at the rides.

hows it been this week in terms of crowds?

Maybe it's me but the park seems more crowded this year than it was last year on the same days of the week. We went regularly on Tuesdays or Wednesdays last year, and most Tuesdays so far since school's been out this year. This year seems slightly, but not significantly, busier. In general, that means 15-20 minutes for Beast, Diamondback, BLSC, and WindSeeker, 0-2 train waits for most other rides except FOF (longer wait because of throughput and air conditioning in the station), Firehawk (ridiculously low capacity).

Sheesh what was up with yesterdays crowds? When I was younger it was nothing but 20 year olds and their friends at the park. Now that I am in my 20's there are nothing but 13-15 year-olds EVERYWHERE.

I know it wasn't a weekend, but my friends and I were amazed at what was going on. Normally we chit chat and ride with girls who are our age, but yesterday it was nothing but 14 year-olds with skimpy clothes and backpacks. Backpacks EVERYWHERE. I promise you we couldn't identify more than 4 people in our age range. Whats up with that?

• 1 year later...

I'll post the trips I made so far this year in order from very crowded to not very crowded:

Saturday, August 4th (all day/night)

Monday, August 13 (morning/early PM)

Tuesday, July 10 (evening)

Monday, September 3 (afternoon/evening)

Thursday, May 24 (evening)

Wednesday, May 16 (evening)

Edited by VortexBFForever

today was crazy busy. The parking lot was literally almost completely full. I went around 4 and ended up in the very last Adventure Express(end of parking lot) area, i doubt there were more than 100 spots left anywhere from what i could tell. Guess everyone's getting their last fill of ki before school :-).

• Like 1