Universal Orlando to Open Despicable Me & Update Spider-Man

I'm surprised no one as posted this on here yet! Despicable Me will be replacing Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, which will be closing on August 18th.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2011/05/despicable-me-announced-to-replace-jimmy-neutron-ride-at-universal-orlando-spider-man-to-get-hd-upgrade/

The new "Despicable Me" attraction will feature a 3D film that brings Gru and his daughters on another adventure with guests seeing familiar scenes from the popular movie, with a sequel to the film on the way to theaters. Guests will be transformed into Minions as part of the attraction and ultimately join in an interactive Minion Dance Party for its finale.

In the same webcast, Universal Orlando also announced that the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is receiving 4K digital upgrades to replace the film projections used in the ride since it opened.

More on this here: http://articles.lati...ble-me-05201119

Next door at Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park, the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man motion-simulator ride will keep the same story line but get a complete digital makeover with 13 reanimated 3-D scenes.

Testing has already begun on the Electro and Hydro scenes, Coup said, with the ride expected to go down for only a few weeks just before the 2012 relaunch.

I was excited to hear about these new changes, but then I got to worrying that Jimmy Neutron & Spider-Man wouldn't be open when I go in July. But thankfully they both will. I haven't been there since 1999, so I've never ridden Jimmy Neutron (plus GatorGirl, being 6 years old, would like it), and Spidey is my favorite dark ride.