Parking Question

Oldiesmann

I am going to the Weird Al concert this Sunday at Riverbend, and am planning to hit Coney before then. What do I do about parking in this situation? I've never been to a concert at Riverbend before and have only been to Coney once in the past couple of years (for Balloon Glow in 2009).

That would be a safe guess. I`m not sure though. Since you will be there to ride the rides too. I will end up being at Coney tomorrow for a few hours. Have to finish next weekend`s schedule, since I was unable to finish it today... So many things were going on today that prevented me from doing it. For those who will be swinging by tomorrow, Bumper Boats will NOT be open tomorrow. They are making some modifications to the new dock that they made last year, and they are not yet done with those modifications.

I just went ahead and paid the full $7 for parking. I think I could have gotten money back by showing my ticket/receipt to Guest Services or at one of the places where you buy pool/ride bands, but I'd left my receipt in the car and didn't feel like hiking all the way back out there to get it (I ended up parking out by River Downs, so it was quite a hike from there to the park).

Also, out of curiosity, why is Pipeline Plunge closed for the season? I'm not big on body slides, but find it odd that it would already be closed for the entire season when the park just opened this past weekend.

I just went ahead and paid the full $7 for parking. I think I could have gotten money back by showing my ticket/receipt to Guest Services or at one of the places where you buy pool/ride bands, but I'd left my receipt in the car and didn't feel like hiking all the way back out there to get it (I ended up parking out by River Downs, so it was quite a hike from there to the park).

Also, out of curiosity, why is Pipeline Plunge closed for the season? I'm not big on body slides, but find it odd that it would already be closed for the entire season when the park just opened this past weekend.

I spoke with a Sunlite Pool employee yesterday, and she said that the ride will probably be closed for the season.

She also stated that maintenance has been the major reason for the closure. The impression I got is that the plunge

is costing more to maintain it than it's worth. So unfortunately, it may be done for Sunlite Pool.

pilotank

There are reasons behind why it is closed. But you won`t catch me talking about those reasons.

So how did you enjoy the park? What was your overall impression?

I had a lot of fun. I did find Rock-O-Planes to be rather painful though (not sure if it was just that particular ride or if it's the way it's designed, but the lap bar stapled me into my seat). The food prices were quite reasonable, and I was impressed with the selection (one wouldn't expect such a wide variety of food and snack choices at a smaller park like Coney). I only wish I'd seen the Montgomery Inn place before I settled on Larosas for dinner. It also took me a bit to get used to the steering on Coney's bumper cars. Despite the ride area at Coney being much smaller than the one at KI, I like Coney's bumper cars better - they seem to be faster and are much more maneuverable than the ones at KI.