Fire at Kings Island 5-24-2011

Kat

You know, when you're operating such old things - (heck, those dinos are millions of years old!)- you've got to keep a sharp eye out for fires and other dangers that come with ancient equipment!

http://www.upillar.com/listings/70125-dinosaurs-alive-at-the-toledo-zoo-dinamation-1988-ticket-stub-souvenir

Actually, they're only about 23 years old..... :)

I was trying to "lighten the mood" by asserting that the dinos were REAL and millions of years old, not just some "new" replicas.

Foghorn Leghorn...."It's a joke, son, ah say a joke"

Wow! I'm glad no one for hurt. Poor Dionosaurs, wonder which one it was?

You don't know?!? It's the one next to the animatronic caveman rubbing 2 sticks together!

:P

ROFLMAO - and that's a lot of A

The dino the dino the dino is on fire

Too bad it's a dino and not some otha' SoB

The dino the dino the dino is on fire

We don't need no dino nor some SoB

Burn SoB burn

Hello my name is browntggrr and I'm a dumb white guy

I'm not old or new but middle aged, under 40, like mid-30's high

I don't know what is the best, but I wish it wasn't a dino on fiyia'

I have WAY too much time on my hands.... ;)

LMAO!!!!! :lol:

Wow! I'm glad no one for hurt. Poor Dionosaurs, wonder which one it was?

You don't know?!? It's the one next to the animatronic caveman rubbing 2 sticks together!

:P

caveman-vs-robot-caveman-vs-robot-yor-demotivational-poster-1250957900.jpg">

Lol that's hilarious :D

It was one of the dinosaurs from the new exhibit. It caught fire around 8:45. Im glad it was not The Racer or any other roller coaster... though I admit I would not be sad if it had been Son of Beast that had caught on fire :lol:

And you call yourself a Kings Island Fan.

First, it seems Kat was joking around, and second of all Son of Beast is a tricky situation. Many people who love Kings Island would just rather that problem go away. It doesn't mean they are not fans of the park.

It was one of the dinosaurs from the new exhibit. It caught fire around 8:45. Im glad it was not The Racer or any other roller coaster... though I admit I would not be sad if it had been Son of Beast that had caught on fire :lol:

And you call yourself a Kings Island Fan.

First, it seems Kat was joking around, and second of all Son of Beast is a tricky situation. Many people who love Kings Island would just rather that problem go away. It doesn't mean they are not fans of the park.

Maybe skaterboy was just kidding around? And yes we firmly...FIRMLY understand that many people hate that ride and would enjoy seeing it burn down, enough talk. This is a time of mourning, A DINO HAS DIED!

By matching up the pick of the fire and the ki marathon pdf I have narrowed down the area where it happened and what dino's may have been affected.

Screenshot2011-05-25at124024PM.png

I think it might be that T-Rex there :(

By matching up the pick of the fire and the ki marathon pdf I have narrowed down the area where it happened and what dino's may have been affected.

Screenshot2011-05-25at124024PM.png

I think it might be that T-Rex there :(

OK, it's official, you have more time on your hands than me! :P

Maybe skaterboy was just kidding around? And yes we firmly...FIRMLY understand that many people hate that ride and would enjoy seeing it burn down, enough talk.

Perhaps he was kidding around. The problem with written communication is that half the time a person can't tell if another person is joking or being serious, especially if a "lol" or "haha" does not follow the sentence. The world may never know lol

This is quoted from NAPHA's Facebook page.

"The Warren County dispatch center confirmed a fire at Kings Island Tuesday evening, although a woman who answered the phone at the Kings Island security office said there was no fire and refused to answer any questions."

Sort of Strange!

Wonder what the questions were.

"Is anyone hurt?"

"Where is the fire"

"When is WindSeeker gonna open?"

"Are they tearing down Son of Beast?"

i don't see it

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20110526/ap_tr_ge/us_travel_brief_dinosaur_attraction_opening

MASON, Ohio – An Ohio amusement park is set to open its version of "Jurassic Park" featuring life-sized, animatronic dinosaurs that move and make sounds.

The "Dinosaurs Alive!" attraction at Kings Island will have its grand opening Thursday, days after one of the 60 dinosaurs caught fire.

Kings Island spokesman Don Helbig says no one was hurt in the fire Tuesday night that was confined to just one of the dinosaurs. Helbig says the cause of the fire that broke out during construction was not clear.

Billowing smoke was captured on video by people traveling on Interstate 71, alongside the park north of Cincinnati.

The park bills the attraction as an opportunity for visitors to step back in time to periods 245 million to 65 million years ago.

Kings Island public relations manager Don Helbig said the fire occurred around 8:40 p.m. during construction of the largest animatronic dinosaur in the exhibit, the Ruyang Yellow River dinosaur, which measures 72 feet long, 12 feet wide and 38 feet high.