Cedar Point in July

I'm planning a 2 day trip July 8-9 to Cedar Point, planning on spending 18-22 total hours at the park. My question is on a Friday & Saturday what should I expect in terms of wait times? Are there long waits on the early ride times (I'm thinking Maverick and/or Millennium Force should be the two to try to get in first)? Also I'm staying at Hotel Breakers, any comments, do they have WiFi?

With the exception of Halloweekeds in good weather, you will be at the park at the height of the busy season- especially on a Friday & Saturday. Maverick & MF will have 2+ hour waits.

Use/ abuse ERT as the waits will be MUCH longer later in the day.

HB does have WiFi & request the tower if $$ permits.

Honestly, unless you cannot get vacation time later in the year, I would try & reschedule your vist to late August Sunday & Monday visit. The park will be crushed during your current plans.

Good luck!

With the exception of Halloweekeds in good weather, you will be at the park at the height of the busy season- especially on a Friday & Saturday. Maverick & MF will have 2+ hour waits.

Use/ abuse ERT as the waits will be MUCH longer later in the day.

HB does have WiFi & request the tower if $ permits.

Honestly, unless you cannot get vacation time later in the year, I would try & reschedule your vist to late August Sunday & Monday visit. The park will be crushed during your current plans.

Good luck!

Thanks. That weekend is already booked and meant to say Breakers Express. I was expecting as much on those two waits. July 8 weekend I chose because A) its my birthday and B) I wanted to be as far away from the NASCAR weekend as possible, lol. Hopefully gas prices and the 4th of July weekend being the week previous reduce the crowds slightly :-). Friday we won't make it for ERT, so may concentrate on the lower wait rides that day.

^ Yeah, if you can hit the park on the holiday (or the day after in your case) the crowds are not too bad as many people are doing the "picnic" thing. They have offered decent fireworks for the 4th as well (not sure about this year).

But the weekend after- yikes. I can only wish "Good Luck" :) . As far as ERT goes, if you see shorter lines on Friday around dinner or closing (if you are in line at close- you will ride- weather pending*) do it. That will ease the necessary rides to hit on Saturday.

BE does offer WiFi:

Amenities
  • Outdoor heated pool (through Labor Day)
  • Outdoor whirlpool spa (through Labor Day)
  • Game room
  • Complimentary wireless internet in all guest rooms

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/resorts/hotels/breakers_express.cfm

Just remember, a bad day at the park is still better than a good day at work! B)

^

True dat! Friends of mine rate Diamondback higher than Millennium Force in part because there's rarely a wait for Diamondback. That improves the park experience and the ride experience, so I don't blame them that that. If part of Millennium Force is at least a one hour wait in that terribly feng-shui'ed queue line, then Diamondback is better on average in their opinion...

While not quite the same, we went to SFGAdv on the Friday after the 4th of July last year and the place was empty. What we were told is that many people take a mini vacation on holidays to capitalize on the extra day off from work. Since they just spent the $$$ on that the following weekend is often quite compared to the rest of the month.

Good luck and have fun.

I'm headed up in a couple of weeks and pulling my camper up to stay in the campground! June 5th through the 9th! I expect it to be pretty nice... camped up there 2 years ago and nothing like waking up fixing some good breakfast and walking over to the park! then sneak out to grab a cheap hot lunch and dinner and still be on site!

Can't wait to get there!

On a related note, what about weekdays in late June? I'm headed to CP Mon–Fri June 20–24 and was wondering how busy they typically are on weekdays that time of year.

The park will be crowded with Mayflies. :)

Meh, they won't hurt you, unless you play for the Yankees:

;)

June seems to be the best , and I've went on a Friday saturday also in July, fridays okay Saturday's packed,

Thursday /Friday we have liked the best overall .

June the best month overall.

But really I've traveled coast to coast Cedar Point is a class act. the true premier park of the midwest.

Wish KI would have the resort theme too. maybe with a Knotts like village outside the gates!

Remember to check your package about parking, some BE packages do NOT include parking at the park. This is a problem as BE is on the mainland and no shuttle exist to the park.

I have a platinum pass so free parking. BE does not include parking but my friend does get the 29 dollar ticket and ert.

That has always bugged me about the non-option of a shuttle from BE to the park.

I did ask a manager at HB about that (since shuttle service is availableon the peninsula) and he told me it was simple- supply and demand. BE is typically 85% full without a shuttle, why have the added expense if it is not necessary?

Although I personally don't agree, I understand the decision.