Dinosaurs Alive! Now Open!

Making their return after 65 million years of extinction, dinosaurs have invaded Kings Island!

Kings Island has just opened their brand new family-friendly dinosaur park entitled Dinosaurs Alive! and received a huge reaction on its Thursday afternoon debut.

Featuring 60 realistic animatroic dinosaurs and sprawling 12.5 wooded acres, Dinosaurs Alive! is a must-see attraction for anyone who has kids... or just plain enjoys dinosaurs. Not only do you get to see some of the Earth's most savage creatures, but you can learn a lot about them too! Along the path, there are countless signs displaying the name, origin and interesting facts about each dinosaur.

As soon as your finished with the 4,000' Dinosaurs Alive! trail, head on over to the FX Theatre where a brand new Dinosaurs in 3D movie is playing. This movie uses a new technology in 3D projection making the visual effects astounding!

Dinosaurs Alive is just $5, while Dinosaurs in 3D is $4 but you can get them both for the every day low price of $7

To see photos of Dinosaurs Alive!, follow the link below:

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0

Follow the link below and click on download to see the Dinosaurs Alive! video:

http://www.filedropper.com/dinosaursalive

Thank you for the photos and the great video ! DA sounds like a great addition to the park. I did happen to come across something I remember that was around a few years ago this would had been even more amazing to had seen this looks as real as it gets.

As soon as your finished with the 4,000' Dinosaurs Alive! trail, head on over to the FX Theatre where a brand new Dinosaurs in 3D movie is playing. This movie uses a new technology in 3D projection making the visual effects astounding!

I see you are still pushing for our members and guests to see Dinosaurs Alive 3-D Movie after they walk through the park. Don't blame me when you get hate mail.

They absolutely should see the 3-D Movie but BEFORE they go through Dinosaurs Alive Trial.

Just saying, maybe we should create a poll for this.:)

Making their return after 65 million years of extinction, dinosaurs have invaded Kings Island!

Kings Island has just opened their brand new family-friendly dinosaur park entitled Dinosaurs Alive! and received a huge reaction on its Thursday afternoon debut.

Featuring 60 realistic animatroic dinosaurs and sprawling 12.5 wooded acres, Dinosaurs Alive! is a must-see attraction for anyone who has kids... or just plain enjoys dinosaurs. Not only do you get to see some of the Earth's most savage creatures, but you can learn a lot about them too! Along the path, there are countless signs displaying the name, origin and interesting facts about each dinosaur.

Dinosaurs Alive is just $5, while Dinosaurs in 3D is $4 but you can get them both for the every day low price of $7

To see photos of Dinosaurs Alive!, follow the link below:

http://www.KICentral...um=lastup&cat=0

Follow the link below and click on download to see the Dinosaurs Alive! video:

http://www.filedropp.../dinosaursalive

They Really Need To Include The Dinosaurs Alive In The Season Pass Benefits

Thank you for the photos and the great video ! DA sounds like a great addition to the park. I did happen to come across something I remember that was around a few years ago this would had been even more amazing to had seen this looks as real as it gets.

There was an episode of CSI this season that featured Walking with Dinosaurs (although I don't remember if they referred to it by that name). The way the kid died was far fetched, but it was entertaining.

In fact, that very episode is on tomorrow night, 9:00 on CBS.

Episode description from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640840/:

A college student suffers a death at the hands of an animatronic dinosaur from a Las Vegas show

As long as none of our dinos bite, I think we're safe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What are the thoughts about the 3-D movie? I rented Dinosaurs Alive! on Netflix on Blu Ray and it was a neat video, but I'm not really sure what the 3-D appeal would be if the movie I saw is the exact same movie shown at Kings Island. I don't think there's any way that they would show a 40 minute video in FX Theater, so maybe it's an abbreviated version of what's on the officially relased DVD/Blu Ray? From what I saw, there wouldn't even be any motion seats appeal (or at least next to none) so that part made sense as to why they didn't decide to use what they had.

I'm thinking I already know the answer to this, but any word on that world's largest dinosaur animatronic that caught fire? Should we even expect to see it this season?

When I went through DA! on the second day it was open, I believe an employee told me that they expect to have the replacement sometime in August. I'm not totally sure that that's what he or she said, though, so don't quote me on that.

• 1 month later...

To anyone whom it may concern, I just read something interesting on Kings Island's facebook page: Dinosaurs Alive! will be open during the daytime hours this fall (NOT during Haunt), and will indeed be back in 2012.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

We finally went through DA last Saturday. We were waiting for the fire dino to be replaced and I must say it was really enjoyable. If you let yourself imagine what it would be like to see a 70 foot dinosaur moving and walking around, or wonder what you would do coming around a bend in the woods and coming face to face with Velosiraptor..if you use a little imagination walking through there, or approach it with the wonderment of a child I think it makes it well worth the 5.00 price. When we came to the area back by the dig site and the T-rex, my son read the sign telling about the dino that would run top speeds of 45 mph. He asked me if I thought WE could outrun it if it was chasing us...I told him the dionsaur isn't what I would need to outrun! :D One thing that really stood out to my wife and I was a small boy walking past us, looked to be about 5-6 years old. He was no where near the sign that told what type of dino it was, he turned to his parents and was very excited about the ******** head sticking out of the trees. When you see this you realize that the powers that be really might have had a good idea putting this attraction in.

Although I hate to see PWE being removed and wish they could have somehow incorprated it into the DA going in at CP, it will be interesting to see what they do with it up there based on whatever experience they have gained from KI.