What did you think of Dinosaurs Alive!?

BoddaH1994

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed both the movie and walk-through, but I felt that it is a one time thing. The dinosaurs were realistic and it was actually very informative! At the front they said there were employees by some dinosaurs but I only saw the one by the Irritator at the front. The movie had very, very good 3D. I had already seen the full 40 minute movie twice, but they cut it very well to educate you about the dinosaurs themselves. My biggest complaint was the new seating in AT. I was expecting seats but instead there were mildly uncomfortable benches covered in felt. Overall, if you go to Kings Island this is a must do at least once and I feel that it is very good for our park. It was as if I was in a different place.

• 4 weeks later...

It was decent and it was nice seeing the dinos, but the effects were off and the movementwasn't as good as expected. They had a dino that sounded like a goat, which I found funny. I believe its better to go through and make fun of what you can, if you don't care to learn as much.

As for the movie, it felt rushed. It took forever to wait, not that long to experiance, and, probably due to the upcharge, there were about six 1-3 people groups there, making about 12 people. 10 minutes, 12 people, 1/4 the actual product. It seems like a poorly thought-out or just a bad plan the way they redid the theater. The seats are the benches you put your stuff on while the seats moved. The 3D was good, though I felt like if they had put some money into renovating it more than tear it out and leave a shell of a ride, it could have been more popular. If they made it a 15-minute movie, opened up both sides by taking out Urgent Scare and putting up another movie, then put the new screen in both, the movie would make people want to go through the attraction by showing them what they were missing, and those that don't care could watch a fun movie like Escape From Dino Island 3D. That would have been a better plan that would have made a worthy sacrafice. Plus the screen got bigger.

All in all, it was nice, go through the attraction twice, the movie once.

I enjoyed DA, but I think they missed the boat by not having the dino path connect two areas of the park. It is kind of off by itself, not really on the way to anything. If it took you from say, Action Zone to Coney Mall, instead of going the normal way, you might pay to go through the dino path instead. Of course you would also bypass a lot of revenue generators, and, if that's the case, there's no doubt as to why it's set up as it is.

Are they still missing one of the Dinos? When I went there was one plaque by the T-Rex that said "Coming Soon." I couldn't figure out what Dino was missing though, or why it was missing.

See this thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23856

Essentially, the Ruyang Yellow River dinosaur, which was supposed to be the world's largest animatronic dinosaur, caught fire a couple of days before the exhibit opened and had to be removed. I believe I was told that they expect to get the replacement in August.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, my family and I went to Kings Island in Mason,OH. We visit this park routinely and this years new attraction, Dinosaurs Alive, was high on my children's list of must see attractions. We paid the $7 for the combination tickets which included a ticket to view the animatronics and a ticket to view the Dinosaurs Alive movie. During our walk through the Dinosaurs Exhibit, we noticed numerous dinosaurs that did not function at all, several dinosaurs whose sounds were obviously malfunctioning and even a couple of dinosaurs who had holes in their"skin" where movement was wearing a hole. Overall this was a disappointing experience for my wife, myself and our children. Our youngest was ready to leave the park after her disappointing trip through this exhibit.

We still had our tickets to the movie, which replaced the 4D Sponge Bob Square Pants movie and I told my daughter that it would be better. I wish I had known that the new Dinosaurs movie would not be 4D as Sponge Bob was. The movie was also very disappointing as it was blurry and had little interesting content during the 10 minute showing.

There is more hype surrounding the new exhibit than there is actual functional content.

Parents beware!