Kings Island TR: Memorial Day: 5/30/2011

Sergeant Pepper

As it was a very sunny hot day, and it was Memorial Day, we expected the park to be extremely crowded, but as the day went on it, it wasn't too bad. We got into the water park at 10:40 and headed to the wave pool to get some good seats, but as it turns out, almost every single seat was taken, so we sat elsewhere. The lines in the water park were not bad at this time, as we got some time in the wave pool, and walk-ons for Down Under Thunder, Sydney Sidewinder, and Snowy River Rampage.

We then headed to the park and as we entered the main gates, a woman asked us if we wanted to write a letter to the Military, which we did accept. Me and my family were EXTREMELY impressed with this, Kudos to you Kings Island. smile.gif As we were already completely dry, and it was still blazing hot out, we headed for Congo Falls, which I have never had to wait in a line for. Today was no different, it was still a walk-on ride.

After this we headed for Flight Deck (which looked amazing with its new paint job) and this was also a walk-on ride. I also noticed that there was music playing in the station, I haven't remembered it to have done this last year, but I may be wrong.

We then went and ate at the new Potato Works in Coney Mall, and then rode The Racer, which was walk-on. That ride never dissapoints. smile.gif

For our last ride, we decided to choose the Crypt which wasn't too bad, maybe a 15 minute wait. The queue seemed to have some new theming, (Ex: Wooden entrances at the last two rooms of the queue.) but the ride itself was nothing new.

Overall it was good, but very hot, day.

EDIT: We also got a ride on Adventure Express

Edited by kingsislandfan987

Probably the small amount of crowds was due to the fact it was 90 degrees outside and absolutley not one cloud in the sky. I bet you if it had been 10 degrees cooler (or at least some clouds in the sky) the park would have had a thirty minute wait for the simplest of rides, such as the Crypt.

Anyways, I liked your short trip report. I don't normally read trip reports because of their length, but this one was short and sweet!

Wish I'd gone today!

Was also at the park with my boys today for a Boomerang Bay kind of day with a little dry park thrown in as well.

While the place was very crowded - as you said by 10:45am, there was not a seat to be had in BB (and parking lots were very full also) - if you worked opposite the crowd, it was a short wait kind of day. While everyone else got started at the wave pool and Coolangatta Racers, we headed back to Sydney Sidewinder and Snowy River Rampage followed by a short wait at The Racers. After some water play in Jackaroo Landing and a quick lunch, we headed for the dry side as the crowds and lines descended on BB.

We stayed wet on the dry side also, with Congo Falls, White Water Canyon (longest wait at ~20min), and a few runs through Snoopy's Splash Dance highlighting the fun for the boys. They also hit a couple of other rides before we went back to BB for the lazy river (long line but moves fast) and wave pool (crazy full, but still fun).

Like you, we had a lot of fun on a hot day!