Tower Johnny?

xxD3LIRIUMxx

The sky ride never did fall, but my Mom was telling me about the time it got stuck and the fire department had to come and rescue just about every single one of the buckets, she that that made some major news. As for ghosts I have never seen any. This is something I heard and not sure just wondering if someone could clear it up...Did someone die on Son of Beast after the ride was struck my lightning. I've heard from a few people about this. I don't see how it could be true though since they stop running the rides when it is storming.

The ride was struck by lightening about a week before the ride opened, resulting in some electrical problems that further delayed the opening. No one has ever died on Son of Beast. Actually, Son of Beast, like Drop Zone, probably is struck by lightening rather frequently. The last deaths to have occured at Kings Island were on black Sunday and involved the Octoberfest pond and the now defunct Flight Commander, back in June 1991.

You may be referring to an event that happened years ago. Something about a guest sticking his hand into one of the ponds that had lights under the water. The light was unshielded or something and electocuted him. A security guard walking by tried to help and died saving the guest. Not too sure of the specifics though.

My aunt told me the same story several years back about this event, but I have since heard otherwise.

From what I understand, there was a water circulation pump of some type (maybe for a fountain or maybe a water airaetor (sp) that had malfunctioned and none of the guests (or staff for that matter) noticed it until someone accidentally fell in and ZAP.

I'm not sure if this whole story is true or not, I've heard it several times and in a few versions, this being the one that makes the most sense.

Who would think it would be awesome if somehow we could persuad Kings Island to have a Pki Unlimited special occasion to let the memebers of the site and one of the higher ranking officials at Pki take like a ghost tour around the park late at night...the chances of this happening are highly unlikley but it would be cool.

Considering that the site is built on an ancient burial ground, I'm surprised that there aren't even more paranormal activities.

From a purely mathematical standpoint, since the average life span is about 80 years, or about 29,200 days, and considering the park has about that many visitors per day, its amazing that there isn't a person per day that croaks at the park... some things defy explanation...

Who would think it would be awesome if somehow we could persuad Kings Island to have a Pki Unlimited special occasion to let the memebers of the site and one of the higher ranking officials at Pki take like a ghost tour around the park late at night...the chances of this happening are highly unlikley but it would be cool.

Sounds cool to me!

But the person who died on Top Gun last year had a preexisting heart condition, and she died at the hospital, and not at the park. The ride did not malfunction in any way to cause her to have a heart attack. It was a combination of her preexisting condition coupled with the factors that occur when one rides a roller coaster.

well a reason why people wouldn't just "croak" everyday would be that most people are aware of their health conditions. an old 97-year old granny wouldn't come to the park and ride SOB if she knew she had health problems. mostly young teens and younger adults go to parks thus being why people don't just die everyday.

No one was ever killed by power lines falling on them. I have no idea where you got that from.

Also, on Black Sunday there were three people that died: The guy that fell into Oktoberfest pond and got electrocuted, the Security Officer that jumped in to save him, and a drunk lady who passed out on Sky Lab and fell off the ride.

Tower Johnny got killed on the Tower. There are numerous reasons out there as to how he got killed. What I can clear up is that the 50 foot observation deck was opened at that time (has been closed since the accident) and he managed to get over the fencing and ontop of an elevator which did take him to the top of the Tower. That is where he got killed.

Now, again, why repeat everything again? Someone else already posted a link to the disscussions that are just the same as this thread.

• 2 months later...

Well, I must say it is pretty interesting to read all of the posts by everyone and there thoughts about this interesting subject. its pretty cool, cool enough to make me go back and read everyones posts.

I have to say I believe there is enough evidence to say Tower Johnny is true. I could see it happening but it would have to be pretty unlikely. there is a little bit of a fault in the evidence though, if he was said to be cut in half by the cables and he was just leaning over the edge and he got cut in half, that has to be false or it should be. Those cable swing alot and it those cable were that close to the stairs or railing then the cable would probably get caught alot, and i haven't heard anything of the sort happening. So he would have had to have fallen then either got cut in half by the counterweight coming down on him or having him fall down and hit something else to cut him in half. Does anyone have any info about this accident in text, cuz if they do it should be interesting. Another thing that sounds a little but gross, is that why would PKI still have the cables fromthe accident, thats gross. I sure hope that the cables are just cables from the helixs.

Having a ghost at PKI isn't a good or bad thing, either way it doesn't really make a differance. It could just freak out some people and give them a cool sorta of chill.

One that sounds little bit of a stretch is the Ghost of the IR, a chef hacking himself to death sounds just a little bloody.... rolleyes.gif so i don't believe that one.

Anyone have anything else to say?

rolleyes.gif i am pretty sure someone would haveto go insane to hack themself to death. i would hate to be the person to clean that mess up if the story is true... laugh.gif sounds just a little bloody.

I know for a fact the Tower Johnny is true because i asked my grandma this morning onthe phone, ( she used to live in Cincinnati around that time, no retired in Chicago and is in love with SFGA tongue.gif ) but I asked her and she said the "press" went crazy to get the infomation about the accident. She believes the teenager was or had been drinking at that time, if she remembers right but don't quote on that, because she isn't quite sure if that is true or not. She does remember there being alot of fuss about it though my parents also remember there being something about it onthe news, but it was a one day thing and didn't go to into depth with it. (probably a smart move)

If Johnny actually did get cut in half then that, too, would have to have been messy..... wink.gif

Ok i have heard many a stories on PKI unlimited and while working in the park and none of them meant anything to me until, i think it was 2 fridays ago ( last time we were open till 12am) I was a swing and me and 3 friends stayed to ride rides. Another from rides and 2 buddies from Merchandise. We hit up Skyflier, Slingshot, Faceoff, Delerium, SOB, and Dodgems laugh.gif . Then we sprinted to try and get on TRTR but the line was closed so we figured what the heck, we are here lets ride The Beast. we got in line at 11:59. We got front car at 12:48 on the last train that night. First lift nothing went throught the tunnel cool blah blah, we hit the second lift hill and the normal speil came on then we heard this high pitched laughing over the speil, us being the only 4 on the train, we go down and instead of the normal roar of The Beast tunnels we hear this unforgettable high pitched screaming "help" and at the end of the first tunnel a white silloutte fell in front of the train second tunnel, a white hand wove in front of me and john's face. We hit the station freaked out and took of runnning, we looked at our pic at the photobooth and in the seat behind us the was what looked like an outline of a little girl. We saw it so did the photo people but we had no money to purchase it. We were heading out and i didnt want to go through kiddie world at like 1 am because its creepy at night so i went the long way as they cut through HB. I was walking towards the entrance of the elavators up the path ( i was by the smoothie thingy store) and i look up at the town in amazement as i always do and i see a thing falling from the top of the elevator shaft and I was like OMG and i took of running towards the phone by the entrance to the elavator to call 911 or security or something and it just vanished 3/4 of the down the shaft. I looked around and my friends walk up and they say " did you see that?" "Well yea" next thing that came out of our mouths was lets get the heck (replace that with another 4 letter word that ryhmes with truck) outta here. We all say it and experiance it, our stories are all pretty much the same and yet no one believes us which is fine.... but i didnt believe in ghosts until that night either, so if you have any doubt...just walk around at about 1 or 1:30 at night, you will believe