Holiday World Crowds

I am planning a 1 day trip to Holiday World at the end of June. For those who have been, how busy are Fridays? I've heard Splashin' Safari can get very busy, but most likely won't be spending much time there. I'm more interested in riding Legend, Raven, and Voyage.

Thanks for any input.

I've heard great things about Holiday World and Splashin' Safari and am excited about going.

I am the same way, looking VERY forward to visiting the park Sat. When I saw the tickets at moms house yesterday I almost danced, lol.

Something about only having to pay for the food at Dinner time makes me very happy. I'll just make sure and eat enough at lunch time :)

On the subject of food at Holiday World, may I suggest Plymouth Rock Cafe. For a very reasonable price, you can get a full Thanksgiving type meal with your main dish and three sides. It's easily my favorite restaurant in the park and I eat there everytime I go (except for this past trip during Holiwood Nights because they were feeding us a buffet meal that night). One lunch there is enough to last me all day!

On the subject of food at Holiday World, may I suggest Plymouth Rock Cafe. For a very reasonable price, you can get a full Thanksgiving type meal with your main dish and three sides. It's easily my favorite restaurant in the park and I eat there everytime I go (except for this past trip during Holiwood Nights because they were feeding us a buffet meal that night). One lunch there is enough to last me all day!

Seconded. I ate lunch at Plymouth Rock on Saturday just after noon and was so stuffed that by 8:00 when I headed for the buffet, I still wasn't very hungry and was only able to eat about half a plate of veggies. The food there is also the best food I've ever gotten in an amusement park. My only complaint about it was the size of the "adult portion" of the main dish (a single piece of ham, really?), though the size of the portions of the side dishes I got almost made up for it.

• 1 year later...

How do May crowds compare to those in early June? Are school groups a big factor on weekdays?

I thought about going today, but then I read this:

The average water temperature in Splashin' Safari is currently 70 degrees. (updated: 5/9/13)

Not brave enough for 70°F water with ~60°F air temperatures.

I have only been once, but it was on a Sunday (first week of June) The crowds were not too bad at all. Started with Raven, then to Legend, Voyage had no line, so we hit it twice. We rode a few small flat rides, hit the water park for a few hours, ate, the took one last spin on each coaster. I took my time to enjoy the entire park, instead of running around from ride to ride. Hit a few shops and took photos.

I really hope you enjoy your trip, if you have never been, Holiday World will exceed your expectations. Friendly and helpful staff, great food choices and at a reasonable price, plus free unlimited drinks.

My family has gone on the first Friday in June the past three years. The major water rides (Mammoth, Wildebeest, Zinga, Bukali) all get pretty decent lines (30+ mins) but the coasters have all been 5-10 minute waits after the opening rush gets through. All in all it has been a good time to be there.

• Like 2

Dammit, look what I've started! :P

My family has gone on the first Friday in June the past three years. The major water rides (Mammoth, Wildebeest, Zinga, Bukali) all get pretty decent lines (30+ mins) but the coasters have all been 5-10 minute waits after the opening rush gets through. All in all it has been a good time to be there.

I've had similar experiences on the same day (which is HoliWood Nights weekend), except that last year everything in the waterpark was a complete walk-on. That may have something to do with the temperatures being in the mid-60s, though. 2011 had temps in the upper 90s that weekend. I'm hoping this year we'll have something between those two extremes for weather that weekend.

Thanks for the info. I had never been there and ended up going twice last season. Wildebeest was closed the first time, so I had to return. Both days were rainy and cool, so crowds were light.

I checked the webcam a few times today. It looked like extremely small crowds in the waterpark, and Voyage was running but had no queue coming out of the station. Granted, it only got up to 66° - the rest of the week looks like 80s.

If I end up going this week or next, I'll report back with how the crowds were. I'm wanting to get back there at some point, and HoliWood Nights isn't going to work for my schedule.

^ How were crowds that weekend in 2011, with upper 90s?

^ How were crowds that weekend in 2011, with upper 90s?

They were very light on the dry side of the park. Friday saw waits around 10 to 15 minutes at most for the woodies, while Wildebeest had what looked like about a 30-minute wait in the regular line (though I got on in 5 to 10 minutes through the single rider line) and the major slides had 15 to 20 minute waits IIRC. Saturday, I rode nothing but water rides until around 5:00 because of the heat, so can't help ya on the woodies, but even with the high temperatures, the water rides on the dry side of the park (including what used to be Pilgrim's Plunge) only had about a 20 to 30 minute wait IIRC.

In 2012, with the cold temperatures, I literally walked on to the Voyage around 6:00 Friday evening. That should clue you in to the crowd level that day. Saturday, with temps finally reaching the low 70s by afternoon, the Voyage had a longer line that had been routed into part of the queues under the station. I estimate it was around 20 to 30 minutes, though I didn't wait in that line.

• Like 1

Well said, Gator!

And for those that are, shall we say, big eaters, I highly suggest the Pilgrim's Feast. It comes with three sides instead of two.