Thursday, June 9th

Sergeant Pepper

This Thursday, me and some of my friends were planning to stay at the park all day, one of my friends mom is reluctant about letting him go.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/48027:20?dayNum=2

From seeing this it looks like there will just be rain, but I have absolutely no idea. Any Help?

Thanks

Read a little closer and you'll see that despite the terrifying icon, there is a 30% chance of precipitation. Isolated thunderstorms mean that it may be a hazy, overcast day and that there may be a few rain showers that develop through the day. There will likely be short periods during which the rides shut down for a while, and periods in which the roller coasters run only one train.

From my experience, it's a crapshoot. In theory, days like this keep the locals away, because they think to themselves, "We have season passes and can go any day we want... Why not wait till a sunny one?" But the one-train operation is a real drag during periods of rain. Last time I was there on an isolated thunderstorm day, I was honestly a little frustrated by it - running one train on Backlot Stunt Coaster? Really? Talk about redundant safety systems that lead to a full queue. But as I said, rides will stay open during rain as long as there's no thunder or lightning in the area, and a 30% chance of rain means that I wouldn't chalk the whole day up to being a waste.

If you and your friends are not season pass-holders and your schedule is flexible, I'd suggest waiting till a better-forecasted day. But if its Thursday or nothing, I don't think you'll have too many problems besides a little frustration for the sake of safety.

P.S. According to the website (which may or may not be trustworthy, since weather can change on a dime and I've seen them predict blizzards that just never came and vice versa), the morning and early afternoon will be sunny and warm.

Thanks for the help, goodyellowkorn182, We all have Season Passes, and one of our friends is moving out of state, and Thursday was there only available date. I have been to the park once where it was just raining, no lightning/thunder, and the park was absolutely empty, so hopefully we can have a good time.

Thanks again!

But the one-train operation is a real drag during periods of rain. Last time I was there on an isolated thunderstorm day, I was honestly a little frustrated by it - running one train on Backlot Stunt Coaster? Really? Talk about redundant safety systems that lead to a full queue.

IJST (Now BLST) actually tested a "rain program" during it's first year of operation, similar to Diamondbacks current program. Sad to see it was not utilized.

I would say go for it; a few years back when we had family visiting, the day we had picked to go started out with overcast skies and tons of rain moving through, and the forecast said there was a chance for isolated showers/storms later in the day. After a lot of debate, we decided to go anyway, and the rest of the day turned out beautiful - clear skies and no more rain. Even if an isolated storm came through, you would probably be able to enjoy a good part of the day.